This vacancy is not online.
Childcare Course in Kentish Town
Brief descriptionDo you enjoy working with children and have an interest in building your skills and experience towards career in Childcare? Mapalim are looking for enthusiastic, hard working and energetic 16-18 year olds to join this exciting, innovative Childcare Course! Work towards a Childcare qualification whilst working in a real Childcare setting and being trained by fully qualified practitioners.
Job descriptionChildcare Course
Are you aged 16-18 and are looking for a career in the children and young people’s sector?
Mapalim, a North London training and recruitment provider, are looking for enthusiastic young people to join their Childcare training-to-work program. You will receive full training and Mapalim will find you a work placement within a children or young people’s setting near your home. You will gain a qualification that will qualify you to work in the children and young people’s sector with further training and qualifications provided if you choose to progress further!
Course will include:
· Interactive classroom based workshops in a specialist training studio
· Support study in study center to complete exciting assignments
· Work based placement
· Receiving training on child development, pediatric first aid and supporting children at meal and play times.
There are two unique course tracks to choose from:
· 3 Days a week Workplace Learning – in a real childcare setting
· 1 Day a week structured Training
· 1 Day a week supported study (LRC)
· 1.5 Days a week Workplace Learning – in a real childcare setting
· Half Day a week structured Training
· Half Day a week supported study (LRC)
On completion of the Childcare program you will be awarded a Certificate in The Children and Young People's workforce.
This can help to develop your career as a nursery nurse, nursery manager, playworker or child minder.
Intakes are on a rolling weekly basis with recruitment events held on a Tuesday afternoon.
Paid £50 per week for one day of your work placement
Paid £25 per week for one half day of your work placement
Interested candidates should email email@example.com with their CV, DOB and brief cover note and ‘Childcare’ as the subject line. Successful applicants will be contacted by a recruitment advisor to be booked into a recruitment event.
Preferred area of studyOther
- Kentish Town , London
- £25 - £50
- Working Hours
- 2.5 - 5
- Type of Contract
- Part Time Jobs
- Type of Job
- Au Pair / Nanny
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required