Content Writer Internship for YouGov Labs Team in Old Street, London
Job descriptionYouGov Labs forms a significant part of the YouGov website. In ‘Labs’ our panellists can engage in interactive and engaging surveys which change daily to cover the most topical and interesting subjects. From the results of these surveys, articles are written and published to the site where our readers can discover the results and debate them with others.
The successful candidate will join the YouGov Labs team and report to the production manager. You will primarily be responsible for writing daily articles on the wide variety of topics covered in the Labs surveys. This will involve collating and analysing the data collected, identifying key arguments in the answers, writing articles based on these results, formatting the articles for web and uploading them via our in-house content management system. You will also contribute to the creation of the daily surveys.
Current Labs include: Politics, Music, Media, Shopping and Sport. Surveys and articles will span these areas and the topics covered within them will vary on a daily basis. Throughout the placement you can expect to gain experience of analysing data and writing published articles for one of the country’s most successful, innovative and well-known research organisations. The position is best suited to a pro-active, versatile individual who has a desire to explore a career in research and journalism.
· Collating results and identifying key arguments
· Writing articles and commentaries for the YouGov Labs site
· Formatting and uploading content
· Producing questions and proposing topics for research
· Creating surveys using our in-house software
· Supporting panel engagement processes
· Contributing to the development of the Labs project
Graduate with BA or BSc
Preferred area of studyAccounting / Finance
Advertising / Marketing / PR
IT / Computer Science
- Old Street, London, London
- 12,000 per annum
- Working Hours
- Type of Contract
- Type of Job
- Accounting / Finance, Admin / Secretarial, Advertising / Marketing / PR , Human Resources, ICT, Media / Journalism / Publishing
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required