Given our recent growth we are looking for a design conscious student or recent graduate who is interested in learning more about the commercial side of selling high quality design products for the home and children into the UK market. The position is part time and negotiable in terms of hours but a commitment of at least 3 – 6 months is a pre-requisite.
You will get:
- Key insights into the commercial realities of bringing design products to market and successfully selling them
- An understanding and experience of marketing and advertising products including attending press events, trade shows etc
- If you're student or recent graduate, this may help you to find a permanent position.
- Reimbursed for expenses and travel costs
You will be working alongside the company director and owner to:
- Maintain marketing related databases
- Research new retail outlets for each brand trying to optimize the fit between the products themselves and the retail brands
- Liaising with the designers to ensure they understand the UK market and can exploit its potential
- Attend trade shows and press events helping to market the products to buyers and press
- Manage the companies social media outputs e.g. facebook and twitter updates