About the role
Tesco: 9 hours per week Fri, Sat & Sun 6am-9am
- Due to Health and Safety, this role requires you to be 18 or over
- Please note, you application must be completed including your Right to Work check within 7 days of the closing date.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.You will be responsible for
The Customer is at the heart of everything we do.
It’s your responsibility to ensure:
- Customers get the finest shopping journey.
- Customers are always able to get the products they need.
- Customers are excited by our promotions and find our aisles welcoming.
- Customers have a slick and speedy checkout experience.
- Customers leave our store feeling valued and satisfied.
Whether you are looking for flexibility to suit your lifestyle or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.You will need
- Able to give great, natural customer service by proactively smiling, greeting, acknowledging and helping customers.
- Works hard for customers, your team and your department.
- You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business.
- You must be able to follow instructions either verbal or written.
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
- You must be smart and tidy at all times.
As well as offering competitive pay, we offer some of the best benefits to our colleagues in the industry from colleague discounts* to paid holiday, share schemes* and an award-winning pension. There are also great discounts on days out, gym membership and travel and you can look forward to plenty of personal rewards too. You'll hear a lot about 'opportunities to get on', whether that means progressing to management or gaining more confidence in your role by completing our Bronze, Silver and Gold training.
*subject to the rules of the schemes.
- Earn one and a quarter times your hourly rate when working Sundays and an additional £2.21 for every hour worked between midnight and 6am.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco and 25% discount in Tesco Cafe.
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan – save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ after 3 months, and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 1 year.
- Tesco Car Purchase Scheme (provided by Alphabet).
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses.
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required