Your role will involve:
• Sales improvement targets will be discussed and agreed monthly for each of the project homes; you will be responsible to delivering against these targets
• It is likely that you will spend a day working in the home to fully immerse yourself in and understand any internal barriers to commercial success, what is the culture of the home, what is the Resident experience, what is the customer experience, what is the sales experience. • You will spend time in the local community to help you understand local perception, integration of the home within the community, reputation of homes amongst key referrers, understand promotional opportunities to raise awareness of the home.
Root cause analysis
• Conduct a 360 degree root cause analysis and SWOT analysis for each “project focus home” that identifies the reason for the homes underperformance in occupancy – for root cause analysis you will evaluate all commercial key
Title: Occupancy Specialist Reporting to: Marketing Director
The main objective of this role is to provide commercial turnaround expertise that delivers tangible results in 8 – 10 commercially under-performing care homes, “project focus homes”.
The role will be aligned to an MD Group area but the focus homes will be agreed by the Marketing Director and these homes will account for 75% of the time of the role; the remaining 25% of the role will be defined by the Managing Director but is likely to include mentoring Area Directors, attending area meetings or ops review meetings.
This role requires real focus to deliver against monthly growth targets; achieving these targets is the raison d‘être of the role
indicators, stakeholder relationships, other external and internal factors from which you will identify the problem that requires a solution.
Solution mapping and planning
• Once the root cause has been developed you will formulate a sales and marketing action plan highlighting each of the issues and mapping their solutions, prioritising the solutions by immediate, medium and long term. • From this you will develop a sustainable recommendations paper and actions plan for the Managing Director and Marketing Director to agree. This recommendations paper and plan will identify all costs / budget requirements and also measurable targets throughout the 12 week period and beyond as the plan should be sustainable.
• Once the plan has been agreed with the Managing Director and Marketing Director you will be directly responsible for implementing the plan through to completion and then monitoring ongoing sustainability.
Additional expectations of the role
Area Director learning, development, mentoring and coaching • You will be responsible for delivering learning and development of the Area Director population within your allocated Group so that they can take the lead on the day to day sales and marketing activities across their area.
• Reviewing compliance of day to day marketing via management information and highlighting non-compliance.
Attend area meetings
• On occasion and as directed by the Managing Director or Marketing Director you will be invited to attend Area Meetings to drive awareness of new initiatives and mentor on sales and marketing as a theme.
Attend operations review meetings – as requested
• On occasion you will be invited to attend the monthly operations review meeting and update the senior management team of progress.
• Commercially diligent, analytical, target driven, numerate and tactical with a proven track record of influencing and supporting change.