Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots whilst always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.About the role
As a Visual Associate in store you will be a champion of high visual standards you will implement key visual themes throughout the store and support the store to exceed all merchandising goals and consistently deliver on in store presentation. You will have a strong sense of presence on the shop floor and the ability to communicate confidently with customers. You will have an awareness of fashion/trends, be able to outfit build and respond to customer needs ensuring that have a seamless shopping experience.
Drives Business Results
What you'll do
- Consistently deliver against goals and targets set by the management team.
- Uses initiative to drive store results.
- Supports the team in visually elevating the store aesthetic to encourage outfit purchasing.
Ambassador for the Store and Brand
- Delivers visual presentation guidelines and supports the management team to create exciting window and internal displays.
- Uses the product to create beautifully styles body forms and wall displays and takes pride in how the store looks.
- Delivers great customer service and strives to exceed customer’s expectations through Do What You Love behaviours.
- Knowledgeable about current product ranges and can talk confidently to features, benefits, garment care and current trends.
- Have great ideas to create exceptional visual displays.
- Works as a team player and enjoys helping team mates.
- Takes full responsibility for personal development and uses initiative to drive personal goals.
- Seeks regular feedback from managers, peers and colleagues and uses this feedback to improve skills and behaviours.
Who you are
- Delivers great store standards through quick and effective shipment processing, replenishment and markdowns.
- Hold self-accountable to all Gap Inc. Standards of performance.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent visual skills and commitment to maintaining brand standards.
- Must have high sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to work independently and to make effective decisions in a timely manner.
- Allocates time effectively, handles multiple demands and competing priorities.
Benefits at Gap
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business may require weekends and evening shifts. Overnights may be required.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, 30% off at Gap Outlet, and the ability to purchase discounted merchandise during international travel at Banana Republic, Athleta, Intermix and Old Navy.
- Pension schemes available, depending on role.
- Market-leading private medical healthcare and well-being programme.*
- Voluntary medical cash plan open to all employees.
- Performance-related discretionary bonuses.*
- Access to our Employee Support Programme for overall well-being.
*For eligible employees
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required