Min Pay Rate
Max Pay Rate
Are you looking for a new challenge in your hospitality career? How would you like to use your skills in an environment where they’ll make a big difference to older people’s everyday lives? Join us at our care home, and bring a smile to residents and benefits to your career.
Care UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services, and we’re opening brand new, purpose-built care homes across the country right now. We’re looking for fantastic hospitality people like you to join our close-knit teams who are dedicated to delivering a welcoming and professional service.
You’ll go out of your way to ensure our residents and their guests have what they need. That will include serving food and drinks at morning and afternoon tea and at meal times in the dining room and residents’ rooms. You’ll have lots of patience and love bringing a smile to residents’ faces, helping them to decide what they want for lunch or dinner. You must be committed to keeping everything clean and organised as you’ll need to keep serveries spotless and help the chef to label foods and manage stock.
If you’ve got the experience, energy and attitude we need, expect flexible hours, and a location to suit you. And, above all, a work environment that feels like home.
Responsible To Home Manager
Skills & Experience
- Clear and reset the dining room for lunch after breakfast service has been completed. Assisting any resident remaining in the dining room for breakfast with any requests they may have. Ensuring no resident feels in any way rushed or pressured to finish a meal.
- To ensure servery stocks are replenished on a daily basis and stock rota is adhered and all food are date and labelled
- Ensure serveries are kept clean at all times and HACCP documentation is completed
- Clean and re-fresh all water jug and glasses and return to residents rooms
- Liaise with the Head Chef regarding any special requirements for the day. Check menu and visit each resident to ask for meal choices for lunch. Provide choice information to the Head Chef for meal planning.
- Spend as much time with residents as possible to contribute to one to one and group activities to promote independence and continued ability to undertake daily tasks as desired.
- Prepare and serve morning beverages in locations as required by residents including the dining room, communal lounges and resident’s own rooms. Possibly assisting residents to prepare their own beverages if desired.
- Serve lunch, assisted by support workers, in the dining room. Plate up meals for residents who choose to eat in their rooms. Ensure all required condiments are placed on the tray for support workers to take to the resident’s room’s .Return all trolleys to kitchen at the end of service.
- Inform the Head Chef immediately of any changes to meal choices made by residents and ensure, as far as possible, that all residents are provided with their choice.
- Clear dining room and set up for supper.
- Prepare and serve afternoon beverages in locations as required by residents including the dining room, communal lounges and resident’s own rooms.
- Serve supper, assisted by care assistants, in the dining room. Plate up meals for residents who choose to eat in their rooms. Ensure all required condiments are placed on the tray for carers to take to the resident’s rooms. Return all trolley’s to kitchen at the end of service.
- Be available at all times to provide beverages and refreshments to residents and their guests. Offer beverages to all visitors to the unit.
- Attend appropriate training/development programmes and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Undertake any other duties required by the Chef or Home Manager, including working in other areas/units when required to ensure the smooth running of the Home and delivery of care to the residents.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Relevant experience perhaps gained in a hotel environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic food hygiene
- Shares ideas with others [to make improvements]
- Keen to learn and improve own performance
- Committed to communicate with customers to understand their needs
- Will go the extra mile to help fulfil customers needs
- Has a ‘can-do’ attitude to work
- Enjoys working effectively as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
Where you'll work
- GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths
Our team at Murrayside care home in Edinburgh offer an impressive range of care, from short-term respite to permanent care for residents living with dementia including residential, nursing and end of life care in a state of the art care home that opened in 2018.
We were delighted to receive a ‘good’ overall rating by the Care Inspectorate after our routine inspection in November 2019.
Based in Corstorphine, Murrayside care home is close to local bus routes and is commutable from surrounding towns including Livingston and Broxburn.
At Murrayside, we offer rewarding, fulfilling careers that are full of opportunity We support all our team members with innovative training and clear career paths, and you can enjoy working in a friendly, supportive environment where our residents' wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate Jobs
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Home Care
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required