What are you going to do:
This is a mixed role comprised of the following, dependent on client need
- Beverage service
- Bar work (upon completion of training)
- Hosting and promo (this is not a key component – it is infrequent and on client request)
- The majority of shifts are late afternoon or evening start times and weekends, although larger weddings and sporting events can be all day events.
- Some shifts may be for breakfast and brunch events .
We have shifts every day, so it depends on your availability if there are any that match up as you choose your shifts! There is an online staff portal, where shift information is updated frequently.
£8.63/£9.20 during your first 8 mentee (probation) shifts / Everyone then gets a pay rise, taking your pay to between £9.36 - £12 per hour, dependent on client, venue and role worked.
Most of the Events are within Central London, however we occasionally head out of London and sometimes even abroad (all paid for of course)! Most recently we have flown team outs to St Moritz, Lake Como, Chantilly, Mumbai, New Zealand, Brazil and Bermuda to name just a few!
What we offer:
- 10% of the jobs can be self bookable to suit your needs & the remaining 90% will be booked via the office team based on your portal details/availability
- Excellent working conditions
- Competitive salary
- Support and mentorship – a mentor for your first 8 shifts to ensure you are confident and comfortable
- Training and development opportunities
- Progression – the whole team is reviewed every 3 months for promotion to our senior team - If you are a really lovely person, technically competent at your job and complete 40 shifts as a minimum, you’ll meet the criteria to be considered!
What we ask:
- No minimum education required
- Splendid Event staff are hardworking. You must have the willingness to go above and beyond to create the ultimate guest experience
- We work with a vast range of highly prestigious clients, so we require professionalism and dedication from our team members.
- You must be charismatic, enthusiastic and bright
- We don’t require an applicant to have any prior experience to apply
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
When can you start?
- Interview dates November - December and the full calendar will be sent out upon submission of your application.
- There are up to 6 interviews per week to choose from including evening and weekend slots.
- On completion of Group Interview, you can start immediately - many applicants start the very next day!
- Alternatively, you can delay your start date by up to 2 weeks (if you would prefer) to honour pre-existing and study commitments.
- Education Level
- Secondary School, College, University, Other
- Working hours per week
- 10 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Evening Job, Weekend, Summer / Holiday Jobs
- Salary indication
Between £8.63 and £12.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- At Splendid we specialise in supplying exceptional staff for high profile events.
- Type of Job
- Bar Staff / Waiters and Waitresses
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required