Join Rover's dog-loving community of sitters and enjoy the perks of having the fun, rewarding and flexible student job you'll ever have. Whether you’re looking to earn some extra pocket money or you just miss having a pooch of your own, joining Rover is the perfect way to combine your love for dogs, and earning money.
Enjoy a flexible schedule, easy payments, and the joy of getting paid to play with dogs. Join the world's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers and earn money watching and walking dogs in your area.
How it works: Ready to get paid to play with dogs? Follow the steps below to get started.
Create your profile: Tell us what makes you a standout sitter and include details of your pet sitting experience. Upload high-quality photos of you, your pets, and your home.
Wait for review: We’ll review your profile and if it’s approved, congrats! Your profile is now live, and pet parents can start sending you requests.
Open for business: Enjoy automatic payments on our secure platform and the flexibility to choose your own rates and schedule.
Get ongoing support: We're here for you every step of the way with 24/7 support, access to educational opportunities, and a whole team dedicated to your success.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why should I become a Rover sitter?
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the love of a dog. Dog sitting is a great way to earn money doing something you love—playing with dogs! It’s a fun way to earn extra income, and is especially suited to people who already work from home—like stay-at-home parents—and freelance gig workers. You can also get your dog fix with house sitting, dog walking, drop-in visits, and even doggy day care. Many Rover sitters consider themselves entrepreneurs, since with Rover you can run your own part-time pet sitting or dog walking business with the support from a larger company.
What are the requirements to become a Rover sitter?
Number one: have a genuine love of dogs! You also need to be able to either have dogs in your home or be comfortable watching or walking dogs at someone else's home, and have the latest Rover app for iOS or Android. Beyond that—sitters come from a variety of backgrounds, from office workers to people with less traditional career paths. Note that your past work experience doesn't matter too much as long as you fit the requirements above. Rover is also great if you work from home or you're a student, recent grad, nanny, babysitter, seasonal worker, entry-level job seeker, retiree, or contract worker. Vet techs, vet assistants, or anyone in pet care or animal care fields can also make money with Rover while building professional skills.
Does it cost anything to become a Rover sitter?
It's free to create your profile on Rover, and you keep 85% of your earnings. The other 15% helps us cover benefits for sitters, including the costs of processing payments and ongoing promotion of sitters on Rover—as well as Rover Support, 24/7 Trust & Safety coverage, and important site maintenance and product improvements.
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!