What are you going to do
A Sport and Activity Instructor is required to work 22 sessions per fortnight. A session is defined as an afternoon activity, an evening activity or a half-day excursion (a full-day excursion is two sessions). Airport transfers may be considered as one or two sessions depending on the duration. In some centres sports and activities may take place at weekends and it may be necessary for SAIs to work on six consecutive days.
- Responsible for reading and adhering to the Operating and Safeguarding Handbook and maintaining good standards of Health and Safety at all times.
- Safeguard the welfare and protection of the students in accordance with our Safeguarding Policy.
- Meet and greet students at the airport and accompany them to the Centre as required.
- Prepare and deliver an engaging programme of sports and activities and ensure that the students are involved and enthusiastic.
- Deal quickly and effectively with student and group leader queries regarding sports.
- Maintain accident and damage records.
- Maintain and be responsible for all sports equipment, materials and registers.
- Work with all staff and group leaders to maintain staff and student discipline.
- Maintain an entirely professional manner at all times and in all dealings with students.
- Maintain the good name and reputation of UKLC at all times.
How to apply?
Click the 'Apply now' button, send an email with your name, CV and a motivational letter.
What We Offer
- Gain extraordinary experience
- Work with a supportive team
- Begin your leadership career
- Basic weekly salary ranges from £250 - £330 / All salaries are paid monthly in arrears.
- Full board accommodation is provided in return for full residential support and some supervision duties; these will be in the form of mealtime duty and lights-out duty which will be on a rota basis.
What we ask:
- At least finished college A levels
- (Essential) National Governing Body Sports qualifications and/or PGCE in Physical Education
- (Essential) Boundless energy and enthusiasm
- (Essential) Experience of summer schools or working with young people
- (Essential) Excellent communication and motivational skills
- (Essential) Adaptability and flexibility
- (Desirable) Knowledge of the local area
- (Desirable) Willingness to learn and adopt new teaching methods
- (Desirable) Lifeguard qualification
- (Desirable) Relevant First Aid qualification
- (Desirable) Qualifications/experience in related subjects such as drama, sports and music etc
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
This job description is an outline of your main responsibilities. Within the context of your contract of employment, the company may, within reason, request you undertake other tasks and duties as needs dictate.
- Education Level
- College, University
- Working hours per week
- 20 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Summer / Holiday Jobs
- Salary indication
Between £250.00 and £330.00 Per Week
- Responsible for
- Their main responsibility is to make the sports and activities fun and safe for everyone involved.
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Sport / Adventure, Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required