If you’re thinking about moving forward in your career, then join Barclays. You will work as the face of the company as you work with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Here at Barclays, we have a brand new opportunity available for a Data Scientist within our Financial Crime Analytics & Data Science Team. This dedicated team operates as a support service to the Financial Crime function. FCA&DS is uniquely positioned to deliver cross cluster Analytics and Data Science to meet regulatory and business critical data and analytics requirements. As a key member of this team, it will be your role to support the use of entity resolution, network analytics and other data science methods to counter Financial Crime.
• Working in conjunction with the wider Financial Crime and Technology teams to support the deployment and implementation of Quantexa capabilities
• Work closely with the stakeholders across Financial Crime especially the Financial Intelligence Unit and Global Investigations
• Configure compound and entity resolution based on business rules and machine learning models
• Develop network and customer scoring models using data analytics, machine learning and other programming methods to identify Financial Crime risk.
• Develop, tune and test the scoring framework and pipeline for different Financial Crime typologies and profiles.
• Support the Architecture design of Quantexa, including designing the target data model and relevant transformation logic.
• Communicate analytical results and scoring models to stakeholders across the Business.
• Manage and oversee the data lifecycle including access rights, retention, integrity and documentation.
• Solid hands on programming experience of Scala and Spark
• Experience with Python and PySpark
• Experience with database querying e.g. SQL Hive
• Strong understanding of data structures with experience of data engineering and data modelling
• Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
• Experience building analytical pipelines e.g. to deploy models into production
• Experience and knowledge of Quantexa
• Experience and knowledge of network analytics
• Experience in utilising analytic tools for data exploration, analysis and visualisation within the Financial Services / Financial Crime industry
• Knowledge of the UK and Global Financial Crime regulatory framework would be advantageous
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow Office; A stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!