What are you going to do:
All Bar One are seeking a motivated and energetic Kitchen Assistant to join their award winning kitchen team.
This is an entry level role and would suit someone looking for a first opportunity in a kitchen environment, however this would also suit someone with experience in a similar role looking for a role in a busier kitchen with fantastic development opportunities.
The main roles and responsibilities of a Kitchen Assistant include:
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Ensuring the chefs have a constant supply of clean pots, crockery and prepped food.
- Preparing desserts and food to company specifications
- Assisting the chefs to ensure a smooth service
- Ensure all relevant food safety procedures are followed and all due diligence is completed
- Opening and closing down the kitchen, ensuring it is fully prepared for service and cleaned down fully at the end of the day.
- Accept deliveries, ensuring food is rotated and accepted in a good condition. A
- ny other duties required by the Chef and Head Chef
- Please also note our opening times are 4am-10pm, and our kitchen is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Please make us aware of any restrictions to your availability before any job offer is made.
What we offer:
- Flexible shift patterns
- 33% off food at all our bars and restaurants!
- Tailored industry training
- highly competitive salary
- up to 28 days holiday per year
What we ask:
- No minimum education required
- Working under pressure
- No experience required
- Motivated and energetic, with a keen eye for detail
- A good grasp of the English language Ambitious and considering a career in the hospitality industry
- Committed and hard working
- A great standard of punctuality
- Due to being based Airside at an international airport, any successful candidate will be subject to a 5 year background check and a criminal record check via Disclosure Scotland
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
- Education Level
- Secondary School, College, University, Other
- Edinburgh Airport
- Working hours per week
- 8 - 30
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Evening Job, Temporary Full Time
- Salary indication
Between £8.00 and £10.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- General Kitchen Tasks
- Type of Job
- Bar Staff / Waiters and Waitresses
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required