What are you going to do:
Amicus is looking for an exceptional Administration Officer Part-time (25hrs per week) 19k per annum, temporary contract (March - June inc. 2020). Amicus is dedicated to fair trials for those on Death Row in the US. We are a small team, and everyone pitches in to assist each other when necessary.
- P/T role based in our central London office; basic hours are 10am to 4pm (incl. one hour for lunch) Monday to Friday; occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Possible flexibility in times, for the right candidate.
- You will need the ability to prioritise a demanding and varied workload, performing all the charity’s key administrative duties to a high standard.
The role reports to the Operations and Casework Manager, but will also work closely with the Director and the office volunteers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES 1
- All day to day office administration: including, inter alia: - Often first point of contact for general enquiries.
- Membership: processing applications; chasing renewals; keeping database up-to-date.
- Biannual training programme: processing applications; liaising with venues; collating materials; communicating with delegates; guest speaker itineraries.
- US and UK programme management: processing applications; keeping database up-to-date; logistics for interview panel and interview dates.
- Casework: logistical support; keeping database up-to-date.
- Events: assisting with the preparation, planning and logistics of fundraising and awareness raising events; same for university talks (including for student groups).
- Journal: managing mailing list and subscriptions.
- Newsletter: support and editorial as required.
- Meetings: minute taking and document preparation.
- Office volunteers: day-to-day supervision of office volunteers (who support this role’s administrative duties).
- In time, recruit and train new office volunteers.
- Finance: data entry and updates using Salesforce and Excel programmes.
- Student group programme: point of contact for existing student reps, including support for fundraising targets; keep ‘starter kit’ updated; recruit new students reps.
- Website and social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instragram and Twitter): updates as required.
- Managing the Director’s diary and emails.
- Assisting the Director and Operations Manager with ad hoc tasks and work as required.
How to Apply:
- Applications by email by February 1st 2020 by CV and a (maximum one page) covering letter highlighting how your skills and experience meet the role’s needs.
- Interviews likely to be second week of February 2020.
- Deadline 1st Februrary 2020
What we offer:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Good Salary
- Small Team
What we ask:
- At least finished high school
- Ability to prioritise a demanding and varied workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Keen to be part of a small, committed team with a willingness to assist colleagues in all areas of the charity’s work when necessary
- High level of IT skills, experience of Excel a necessity and the ability to learn new processes
- You must wear office suite particular clothes
- Knowledge/experience of CMS systems (we use Salesforce)
- Ability to manage diary and emails for a third party
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
- Education Level
- Other, Secondary School, College, University
- Working hours per week
- Type of Contract
- Graduate Jobs, Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Salary indication
£19,000.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required