If you’re thinking about moving forward in your career, then join Barclays. You will work as the face of the company as you work with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
A new opportunity has become available for a Java Developer within our Markets Execution Team in Glasgow. This dedicated team at Barclays manages a variety of systems and technologies to provide best-in-class electronic financial services. The businesses are spreads across a variety of asset classes, product types and provide services to internal trading desks as well as external clients. Combined with this, the team is also responsible for a wide range of software products including trading GUIs, low-latency trading systems, and algorithmic trading services, and the infrastructure necessary to support these systems. This is a highly dynamic and collaborative, with members working on a variety of projects alongside other departments in order to produce both effective and innovative solutions.
• Hands on technical design and development of high quality, globally available and sustainable solutions.
• Cross-regional Level 3 support of the Production estate and capacity, performance and resiliency initiatives.
• Agile collaboration with teams in Europe and Asia to maintain a global offering consistent with regional business requirements and standards.
• Contribute to conformance with regulatory and market structural change, as well as compliance and control standards.
• Strategic Platform and Processing; follow common design and implementation practices and reuse of technology in line with agreed strategic objectives.
• Support analysis and testing
• A relevant University Degree
• Strong Core Java
• Strong skills in object oriented design and development
• Experience/Knowledge of multi-threading, memory management, or performance tuning
• Experience with dependency injections frameworks, ideally: Spring
• Understanding of relational databases
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical and decision making skills
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
This role will be based in the Aurora Building, 1 of our 3 modern City Centre locations until our
exciting new campus location overlooking the River Clyde is opened in late 2020. Aurora is close to the main stations, other transport links and also benefits from an onsite canteen.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!