What are you going to do:
- This role is suitable if you have a genuine passion for working in an outdoor environment all year round and are keen to share your expertise and knowledge with young people.
- We are looking for people who are: Self starters who are driven to make things work in a start up environment Passionate about outdoor, participant-led learning
- Experienced with peer to peer learning, versus the traditional teacher – student approach
- Experienced in working in outdoors environments
- Strong relationship builders, able to work closely with young people and their families.
- Flexible and adaptable but organised in approach
- Sensitive, clear and friendly in their communication style Able to balance risk with developmental benefit and well-being for young people to provide an appropriate level of challenge
What we offer:
- part time
- weekend work
- experience working with young people
What we ask:
- At least finished high school
- (Desired) Qualified bike mechanic (e.g. City and Guilds Level 2)
- Cycling / Active Travel experience
- Youth work experience
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
This role is to support Your Bike Project, a youth-led cycling initiative taking place in and around Northumberland Park and Broadwater Farm Estates in Tottenham. We’re working with 11 – 18 year olds to embed and share skills in the community.
Training available. DBS check required.
- Education Level
- Secondary School
- Working hours per week
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Weekend
- Salary indication
Between £18.00 and £35.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Supporting young people aged 11-18 years to learn about bikes and cycling, sharing skills and encouraging participation.
- Type of Job
- Sport / Adventure
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required