If you’re thinking about moving forward in your career, then join Barclays. You will work as the face of the company as you work with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
The Risk, Finance & Treasury (RFT) CTO Architecture team is accountable for the delivery, governance and architecture of business change and technology transformation for RFT globally. We are a horizontal team that works across various vertical functions, partnering with our business customers to develop and implement long term strategic IT solutions.
As the Technical Solution Architect, you will support and challenge the CIO’s & CIO Architects to develop architecture designs and roadmaps that are compliant with all policies and procedures. You will be comfortable driving strategic change across all deployment models, on-premise infrastructure and private and public cloud.
• Develop technical designs which communicate system requirements to software development teams
• Drive a cloud first approach by challenging legacy technology evolution
• Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
• Oversee assigned programs, provide guidance to team members and ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
• Work with architects from designated parts of RFT to analyse and identify technical solutions to the architectural challenges specific to their areas
• Ensure that technical design is consistent with our wider RFT target architecture, data strategy and our tech strategy.
• Strong exposure to real-time data platforms (Oracle, SQL or Open Source)
• Awareness of Cloud platform architectures (AWS, Azure or GCP)
• Design exposure relating to API’s and/or Micro Services
• Exceptional stakeholder management ability.
• RFT or Financial Industry exposure
• Understanding of CI/CD principles and how they are supported through the cloud
• Agile delivery and governance exposure.
You will be working at our technology hub in the North West, located at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. It’s convenient for most people who live within a 35-mile radius, spanning from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and Stoke. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, Gym, onsite parking etc.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!