The role of the Technical Account Manager is to work with your customers so that they realise the full value of the products and services they have purchased from Proofpoint. This is a technical role in a fast-paced environment that demands interaction with enterprises at senior levels, as well as with technical staff within the traditional IT and Security organisation.
Successful candidates will have an excellent technical and security software foundation, especially related to Linux, messaging, and cloud services, a proven track record of successfully interfacing with customers on both technical and non-technical levels, substantial experience driving concurrent projects and issues to completion with little direction, and above all, a passion for ensuring a top-quality customer experience.
This role may require travel up to 25%.
- Understand the customer’s unique security goals, business requirements, network configuration, and Proofpoint deployment.
- Assist Proofpoint customers with setting goals and success criteria for their Proofpoint deployment and provide reports to track key metrics and progress.
- Act as a technical advocate to manage and monitor interactions with our technical support team proactively escalating issues and feature requests.
- Collaborate at all levels within an organisation, create and deliver executive customer presentations that outline system performance, potential issues, and suggested forward courses of action whilst proactively making recommendations to improve customers’ security posture and system performance
- Provide insights on industry trends, the security landscape, best practices, and product roadmaps affecting the customer’s business.
- Participate in weekly Status calls, Monthly management calls and Periodic executive-level business reviews.
What you bring to the team:
- Extensive industry experience in a client/professional services, sales engineer, senior support engineer, IT operations management, or senior engineer role with exposure to multiple technology areas.
- Knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies specifically email and networking.
- Knowledge of Linux, SMTP, and MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Very strong customer service and excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- A history of successfully leading and directing technical staff through crisis situations.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge of project management and strong time management skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of Email Archive products and Records Management is considered as advantage.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!