This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and we’re the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for a Payroll Project Lead. We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Offices are located in Handforth (Cheshire) and you may be required to travel to the office on a frequent basis.
Reporting to the Group Payroll Manager this role will be responsible for the management of all payroll projects including the testing of all payroll systems.
This role will suit someone who has supervisory/line management experience within a payroll team in a high volume transactional environment. Pets at Home and Vets 4 Pets currently process salary payments for over 15,000 colleagues each 4 week period.
- Planning testing requirements for all payroll systems, including producing test scripts.
- Manage the relationship with the external SAP systems support partner. Attend weekly calls to discuss defect management.
- Efficiency and service improvements (in line with agreed SLA’s, KPI’s, and Customer Feedback) ensuring all activity is recorded and tracked with benefits realisation.
- Support the Group Payroll Manager in ensuring integrity of payroll systems by undertaking the testing of system updates and fixes, ensuring documentation of evidence.
- Resolution of escalations to highest standards of customer service.
- Some travel to the Swindon, Northampton & Stoke offices required.
- Collaboration with key stakeholders e.g. Reward Team, People Services, Group IT etc.
- Supervision of the Payroll Project Support colleague.
- Represent payroll teams at project meetings to assess payroll impact.
- In-depth understanding of Payroll legislation and compliance requirements as the payroll subject matter expert, provide expert advice and direction on impact to payroll systems.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data and use intelligently.
- Good IT skills and an excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel and ideally have a working knowledge of SAP (not essential).
- Proven experience of end to end payroll processing.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing end to end process improvement
- Positive, forward thinking attitude
- The successful candidate must be well organised and must work to a high level of accuracy with keen attention to detail.
- You will need to have strong written and verbal communication skills as you will be liaising with a large number of colleagues from all levels and across all sites.
- You must be an honest and trustworthy individual who is able to comfortably handle confidential information & adhere to all GDPR legislation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after two years
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*