Bolton NHS Foundation Trust was formed in 2008 and, in 2011, we became an integrated provider with community health services joining the trust. Covering a catchment area that also incorporates parts of Bury, Wigan and Salford, we deliver hospital and community based services from the Royal Bolton Hospital in Farnworth and from 20 health centres across Bolton, to a catchment population of 320,000 people. We have a CQC rating as good overall and we have some key areas of outstanding practice with an outstanding rating for being well led at every level.
Buildings, names and models of care have changed over the centuries, but one thing has remained constant and is prevalent among our 5,900+ staff members: the enduring commitment to providing the best health and care for the people of Bolton.
CLERICAL OFFICER – APPRENTICESHIP
Earn While You Learn – Exciting opportunities at RBH to achieve a nationally recognised Qualification in Business and Administration!
Are you looking for the first step towards a successful career with the NHS? Do you have what it takes to be a successful RBH Apprentice?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone looking for a clerical role working within ENT and Oral Surgery.
In partnership with local Learning Providers.
We are pleased to offer:
- A 12 month fixed term contract for the duration of your Apprenticeship (contract length will be confirmed following the results of your initial assessment with the Learning Provider).
- A wage of £4.20 per hour for the first 12 months, rising to National Minimum Wage for your age after 12 months.
- Support with interviews for a suitable post after the successful completion of your apprenticeship.
- Experience of work in a real role with us, one of the North West’s biggest employers.
- An assigned tutor an assessor from the Learning Provider to fully support your learning, development and progress.
- Full terms and conditions and benefits of being employed by the NHS, including sickness pay, holidays, pensions, discounts/offers and childcare vouchers.
- A real, transferrable qualification, with no student loans or fees, while you earn!
To be successful, you will need:
- To be aged 16 or over
- Resident for three years or more in UK.
- To hold 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades 9-4 (A-C) or have Functional Skills Level 2 in both Maths and English.
- To be able to demonstrate our Trust’s PEOPLE values – be caring and enthusiastic with great customer service skills.
- To have an excellent attitude to learning – willing to take on new skills and knowledge.
- To be a great communicator – friendly and approachable.
- To be ICT literate.
- To have a real desire to learn and a keen interest in self-development.
- Committed individuals who thrive in a hardworking team environment.
- No degree or level 4 or above qualification.
- Not to be in any formal government education.
The role will involve providing administrative duties for the Orthopaedic Interface Service
You are strongly advised to READ THE GUIDANCE DOCUMENT AND THE JOB SPECIFICATION BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION.
IT IS A REQUIREMENT OF THE APPRENTICESHIP COURSE THAT YOU HAVE ATTAINED GCSE MATHS AND ENGLISH GRADE 9-4 (A-C) . SHOULD YOU BE APPOINTED, YOUR OFFER WILL BE CONDITIONAL ON YOU BEING ABLE TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF YOUR QUALIFICATIONS.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free