West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of NHS mental and physical care in the UK. We are rated ‘good’ by the Care Quality Commission and ‘outstanding’ for caring and our forensic services.
We are here to care for people with mental and physical illness, helping them to recover and go on to lead full and productive lives. We aim to be the best organisation of our kind in the country.
We provide care and treatment for children, adults and older people living in the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow, delivering services in the community (at home, in GP surgeries, care homes), hospital, specialist clinics and forensic (secure) units.
Our physical healthcare services include intermediate care services in Ealing as part of the Community Independence Service partnership.
Our national, specialist and forensic services include:
- Medium secure services on the St Bernard’s Hospital site in Ealing
- Services for people with complex and severe personality disorder at the Cassel Hospital in Richmond
- High secure services at Broadmoor Hospital in Berkshire
We are a teaching Trust with a growing research portfolio, working with academic and industry partners.
Our 3400 staff are dedicated to improving lives, working with patients, service users, carers, families and partners across the communities we serve.
Broadmoor Hospital Registered Mental Health Nurse
Staff Nurse Band 5 £28,452- £34,445 P/A Inc of all Allowances
- We are looking for skilled and passionate Band 5 Nurses, both experienced and newly qualified, to join our dedicated team at Broadmoor High Secure Hospital. This is one of the most challenging but rewarding areas in mental health nursing.
Broadmoor Hospital is one of only three high secure hospitals in England and our work is internationally recognised as being at the forefront of forensic mental health care. we now occupy our new state of the art hospital campus, and would like you to consider joining our team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be enthusiastic, forward thinking and emotionally resilient. You will be working within a supportive multidisciplinary team, caring for patients with a wide range of needs and helping them to find new hope and purpose.
Our care and treatment programmes are underpinned by principles of recovery and social inclusion and much of our work is co-produced with patients. You will help to ensure that the people we care for always have a strong voice.
We will be holding assessments and interviews and, if successful, you will walk away with a job offer the same day.
About the hospital
We have been providing specialist care to some of the most challenging patients for over 157 years, and now the hospital has undergone a huge redevelopment to forge the future of forensic High Security.
Broadmoor Hospital is part of West London Mental Health NHS Trust. In 2014, the hospital was the subject of a widely acclaimed two-part ITV documentary, which highlighted the dedication and skill of our incredible staff.
Benefits and career opportunities
- £2,300 recruitment and retention premium
- Up to £8,000 relocation support for those that meet the criteria.
- No problem if you are awaiting your PIN
- High quality clinical supervision and mentorship
- On-going professional development, including opportunities for training and career progression across the trust.
- Highly regarded preceptorship training programme for newly qualified staff, with accelerated pay progression during the first 12 months.
- Car lease scheme
- Staff restaurants
- Exclusive discounts on all kinds of products and services.
- Sports facilities & Free Gym
- Broadmoor Staff Angling Club
With our new hospital now open, there has never been a better time to come and work in this unique environment and develop your career whilst helping to change lives every day.
- Type of Job
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required