We have an exciting opportunity for a Plastics Staff Nurse (E Grade) to join our Outpatients nursing team located in Central London, W1G 6HL (close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1250 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
Our Consulting Rooms and Outpatients Centre provides a medical environment in which a wide range of out-patient procedures are undertaken such as: Minor Gynae procedures, sterile dressings, Removal of stitches and clips, Wound swabs, Joint Injections, Rigid sigmoidoscopies and Photodynamic therapy to pre-cancerous skin lesions.
As a Staff Nurse, you will work with senior and junior staff co-ordinating and delivering quality standards of nursing care following a patient centred model of practice in keeping with the Clinic’s Philosophy, The Departments Policies/Protocols and NMC guidelines.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday.
- Shifts: Earlies & lates to cover the Outpatients service from 8am to 8pm. The early morning shift could start at 7.30am and the late could be until 8.30pm.
- Salary: The attractive salary range for this role is £35,309 - £39,559 (Inclusive), and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare,187.5 hours plus Bank Holidays (annual leave), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for individualised patient care of the highest standard working closely with the Consultants, nursing colleagues and clerical staff.
- Ensure the provision of excellent evidence based care for patients.
- Act as a chaperone where necessary, document activity and ensure the smooth running of clinics.
- Co-ordinate and assist the Plastics and Reconstruction clinics and post-operative inpatient care independently with distant supervision.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and patients.
- Participate in departmental meetings to enhance team communication.
- Be conversant with the Clinic’s patient information system to ensure comprehensive patient notes are documented and proficient in using order entry (charging) for accounting and audit purposes.
- Establish effective interdepartmental liaison in order to help achieve optimum levels of continued patient care.
- Liaise with consultant’s secretaries and insurance companies and embassies where necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Minimum of 3 years surgical experience in at least one specific surgical speciality, ideally Dermatology/Plastics
- Competent in plastic and reconstructive surgery post op care and dressings
- Competent in removal of all types of sutures, clips and aseptic dressings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prioritise and co-ordinate own workload.
- Friendly and adaptable approach who is able to work as part of a team and has an awareness of clinical audit and clinical governance.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
- Type of Job
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required