This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and we’re the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We're recruiting for a Supply Planner to support with the expansion of our Subscriptions proposition. We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Offices are located in Handforth (Cheshire) and you will be required to travel to the office frequently.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for managing all reporting and infrastructure for all products in the Subscription models; ensuring that stock levels are correct throughout the supply chain to maximise efficiency and help to provide a great service to our customers.
Stock Management and Reporting
- To create, maintain and deliver management information reporting
- To liaise with relevant members of the supply team to ensure seamless stock flow for Subscription customers
- To work closely with the Subscription Team to ensure relevant customer communications are timely and accurate.
- To be accountable for complete stock life cycle of product ranges, managing from introduction to exit across all channels, this includes on time launch in line with the critical path and cost effective exit management of discontinued stock
- To work as an integral part of the Commercial team to manage product ranges from a supply base sourced from the UK and the Rest of the World.
- To raise and review purchase orders in line with sales forecasts and events
- To maximize availability across all channels whilst achieving stock turn targets and driving efficient cash flow
- To work closely with the Data and Availability team to effectively manage stock parameters to maximize Distribution Centre efficiency
- To ensure product is distributed from the warehouse and on shelf targets are maintained whilst controlling stocks
Cross Functional working – Internal and External
- To play an active role in the wider Subscription team to help manage clear customer communication for your relevant areas, driving growth and continually improving customer experience.
- To work with Commercial Finance to understand and deploy business plans into subscription forecasting.
- To work closely with the Distribution Centres to ensure stock intake from suppliers is phased in an appropriate manner.
- To build effective relationships with our SQP team at the Distribution Centres being responsible for the co-ordination of rework process for all stock bundles.
- To work with our supply base to drive initiatives that will improve the efficiencies of the Distribution Centres.
- To develop genuine and sustainable relationships with our key suppliers, creating and agreeing forecasts and production plans, celebrating success and managing poor performance.
- Previous e-commerce supply experience
- Must have advanced computer skills especially a proficient understanding of Excel
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Proactive and positive attitude
- The ability to meet critical deadlines
- High Standards of accuracy
- Strong numerical skills
- Driven self-starter, able to work on their own
- Strong A Level Qualifications
- Strong GCSE / Equivalent Qualifications (Maths / English essential)
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual holiday (including Bank holidays) rising to 36 after two years of employment
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one’s ‘fly the nest’!
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*