If you’re thinking about moving forward in your career, then join Barclays. You will work as the face of the company as you work with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
The Chief Technology Office is responsible for looking after the technical architecture strategy and vision for Barclays UK. We want to set new standards as we develop state of the art technical architectural solutions to satisfy complex business needs.
The Lead Solutions Architect will have developed technical solutions using Salesforce or Cloud technology, to resolve complex business issues. You will have architectural exposure in a Greenfield context, combined with a desire to accelerate our vision to be the best architectural design team in Europe.
• Provide architectural designs to change customers / colleagues banking and working lives for the better
• Create an architectural vision in keeping with the business providing a technical solution for customer and colleagues. Own the technical solution, provide an end to end assurance that satisfies business needs
• Be the technology expert to whom that business area trusts to realise their aspirations as to how they can best drive their business forward in helping our customers
• Challenge status quo: with new thinking encourages.
• Provide fresh perspective that protects our brand, but also re-energises us as a bank with technology at its heart
• Collaborate with like-minded architects in other business areas
• Own the architectural future of multiple technology platforms, ensuring that any developments align to the overall Barclays strategy.
• Shape and define solutions across disparate technologies that enable you to resolve a complex business issue, with simple technology solutions
• Expert in either Salesforce or Cloud technology (ideally AWS)
• Proven background liaising with senior stakeholders to influence their thinking
• Exhibit deep technical understanding conveyed through crisp solutions design walkthroughs.
• Functional / Domain exposure in Banking/Cards/Loans
• Exposure of modern architecture patterns (Domain Driven, Event Streaming, Data Lakes, API)
• Exposure working in DevOps operating model and associated tools (JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, CHEF)
• Ability to understand Threat Vectors in cloud environment and design associated security/controls.
You will be working at our technology hub in the North West, located at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. It’s convenient for most people who live within a 35-mile radius, spanning from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and Stoke. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, Gym, onsite parking etc.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit for more details
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free