Do you want to work in a friendly, committed and established service where your knowledge, experience and skills will be valued?
An Associate Specialist Psychiatrist position at Elysium Healthcare is available in Cheshire and Merseyside to join our team full time at either the locked rehabilitation service at Gateway Recovery Centre in Widnes or at Victoria Gardens, Huyton, Merseyside.
This is a substantive and permanent post (full time 37.5 hours per week or ten sessions), however we are also happy to consider applications from those wishing to work on a part-time basis.
You will join an established team of experienced, friendly and supportive consultant colleagues with an excellent CPD programme and peer-group.
You will be working with an established multi-professional team delivering individualised care and treatment of patients with severe and complex mental disorders.
Each service is close to the major urban centres of Liverpool and Manchester with good public transport links, two major airports and excellent schools and amenities.
When you work for Elysium Healthcare, you have access to a large and supportive peer group of like-minded professionals – there are currently 18 consultants and 4 associate specialists in the Elysium Northwest who meet regularly. You will be supported with your appraisal and revalidation, and will receive regular clinical and managerial supervision.
There is an on-call element to this role (currently 1 in 5).
- Ensuring an adequate handover to colleagues including out of hours.
- Seeking collateral history from other professionals and family.
- Completing discharge letters/reports/s62 forms as required in a timely manner.
- Preparing First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearing reports under the supervision of Consultant.
- Depending on your experience, providing oral evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearings under the supervision of the Consultant.
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching.
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that patients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times.
- Providing prospective cover to other specialty doctors when they are on leave.
To be successful in this role, you'll need
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years' experience in Psychiatry
- Experience working as a doctor within similar environment
- Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
- AC status (desirable)
What you will get
- Competitive salary
- Private medical cover
- Car allowance or lease vehicle
- The equivalent of 30 days annual leave (or pro-rata) – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.