We are callingRegistered Nurseswith Acute Trust experience (within the last 6 months)tocontinue tosupport our NHS by working shifts at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS staff bank.
We are looking forNurseswho have experience inthe following environments in either General Acute, Accident & Emergency, Intensive Care or Neonatal Intensive Care at Royal Debry Hospital or Queens Hospital Burton.
Everyone’s efforts are truly appreciated, whether you can work a small number of additional shifts (on top of your existing commitments) or longer-term block bookings, we have both flexible ad-hoc Bank shifts and long-term placement opportunities available at Derby and Burton.
Working at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS
More than 1,000 staff attended face-to-face Big Conversations and a further 2,000 contributed their ideas to the Trusts new vision and values. Through 8,500 contributions they said… “Together We make a difference, We save lives and give excellent care to everyone who needs it. We will become the best place to work, learn and receive care in the NHS by applying the highest level of skill, knowledge and research”.
Some things you may like to know:
- Every day the hospital sees more than 4,000 outpatients
- Seeing more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- On average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- The hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- Carries out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- One of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- Carries out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- Employing 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
Who are we looking for?
To apply,all we ask is thatyouwill:
- Have a minimum of 6 months paid experience at Band 5 level in an Acute hospital environment within the last 2 years
- Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices
- Undertake nursing assessment and evaluation to enable development of appropriate plans of care based on the needs of the individual
- Be proficient in the delivery of care to patients
- Ensure safe administration of drugs in accordance with NMC and CHS policies
- Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines
- Carry out nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and standards
- Undertake regular mandatory training
What you will be doing?
You will beworking in anAcute Healthcare environment, meaning that you can bring your vital skills to the fight and play your part, where you will:
- Strive to maintain the highest standard of patient care at all times by using the nursing process to assess patient’sindividual needs, plan care within the overall framework of nursing, implementation and evaluate nursing care and act on the outcomes without requiring supervision
- Carry out and assist with nursing procedures and treatments as required, in accordance withTrust policies and guidelines
- Support the implementation and maintenance of Team Nursing or other framework to organise the delivery of care
- Minimise hospital acquired infection rates by following infection control policies
- Participate in the delivery of holistic patient care by developing effective working relationships with members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Develop professional partnerships required to deliver high quality patient care
Who are NHS Professionals?
If a hospital cannot supply staff on a ward or area, due to increased demand, sickness, or common staff shortages, they need to call upon Bank staff. NHS Professionals works withTrusts to developa‘Bank’ of highly skilled workers who want to work flexibly with the NHS.
Registering with NHS Professionals
By registering, you can tackle unfilled shift pressures by supporting last-minute shifts, while receiving several attractive incentives:
Competitive Pay Rates- work this week, get paid next week!
First choice of shifts at your Trust– Access to shifts before they are available to agency
Flexible working to suit your lifestyle– Take control of when you want to work
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
Book and manage your shifts on the go– Access shifts anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days –Call us anytime
- Stakeholder pension scheme
We value your skills,dedication,and commitment in supporting your local Trust and the NHS. We believe together we can continue to deliver world-class healthcare service to our patients.Apply today to the staff bank.