If you’re thinking about moving forward in your career, then join Barclays. You will work as the face of the company as you work with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
As a Barclays Decision Scientist you will be a part of a dedicated team which is passionate about our customers’ needs and interests. Being a Decision Scientist means you will deliver hypothesis-driven analysis, tools, data science assets and solutions to answer key business issues relating to Barclays customers, markets, products and channels. This is an exciting opportunity to use insight to drive the wider retail and business bank’s agenda in creating value for customers, colleagues, the community and the company.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
For this opportunity, we will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
• Being a trusted advisor to internal clients, discovering and helping formulate business needs and agree how data science can bring value
• Identifying where it is appropriate to implement Data Science techniques to solve complex business problems
• Delivering, communicating and advising on analytical output for internal or user-facing solutions, tools and data science artefacts
• Taking ownership of key initiatives to deliver results through an Agile workflow
• Using a range of data sources including market research, third party, risk and operational, to build a comprehensive view of customer behaviour and its effect on the business issue
• Identifying and sourcing project dependencies such as data, documentation, infrastructure and stakeholder commitment
• Managing own workload while delivering projects through virtual teams where appropriate
• Taking stakeholders along a journey by interacting with senior stakeholders at key milestones of a project, while ensuring alignment and success of projects
• Excellent direct experience of delivering analytics or data science to discover commercial opportunities, improve product, design and measure business initiatives
• Exceptional user of SQL and a scripting language (Python preferred) for data manipulation, modelling and workflow automation
• Understanding and ability to convincingly articulate trade-offs between analytical approaches and individual models
• Good practical experience of creating customer segmentation models
• Fluency in open-source toolset for distributed computing such as Apache Spark to write efficient and robust ETL pipelines
• Comprehensive analytic experience preferably within financial services products/segments, digital or Telco
• Proficient experience using innovative customer analysis to identify commercial opportunities and create financial and consumer behavioural business models
• Effectively communicates orally, written and in presentations to all levels and those with both technical and non-technical knowledge and understanding
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free