Join Spring Wood Lodge as a Medical Secretary and enjoy a career where you are valued and supported to be the best you can be.
You will be responsible for providing administrative support to medical team and clinicians. From managing their diaries, planning meetings to updating records, you will be able to turn your hand to any admin related task.
As a Medical Secretary, you will work alongside Registered Clinicians, assisting with confidential paperwork, service user’s records and GP letters. You will liaise with external agencies to get up-to-date information on service users and will take to lead in recording their blood test results.
At Elysium, we want the best for you. That’s why you will have continuous access to a range of training courses to enable you to reach your career goals. After all, a better you means better care. That’s what delivering great healthcare should feel like.
Our Medical Secretary role involves:
- Provide on-hand support to the Registered Clinicians, Mental Health Act Administrator and managerial team.
- Prepare admission and discharge reports, ensuring a smooth and pleasant experience for those leaving and entering Spring Wood Lodge.
- Update and manage service user’s documentation to Carenotes, informing the multidisciplinary team of any immediate changes, including keeping the
- alerts up-to-date and service user’s physical health requirements.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Experience working in a similar hospital environment.
- Understand medical terminology.
- Administration experience.
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £20,427
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.