Position - Maintenance Operative
Location - Portsmouth (& Hampshire region)
Reporting to - Technical Supervisor
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
* At least one trade qualification (carpentry, plumbing etc)
* Multi trade experience
* Previous facilities service & maintenance experience
* Provision of service to commercial/industrial clients
* Health & Safety awareness
* Good communication skills
* IPAF / PASMA license
* Current CSCS Health & Safety Card Holder
* IOSH Managing Safely
* Additional Trade qualification
Our client is seeking qualified and experienced multi trade maintenance operatives to work on a fixed term contract until the end of March 2021, providing reactive and PPM maintenance to properties that range from listed buildings and former workhouses to state-of-the-art integrated health campuses. The key function is to support in delivering building services maintenance and repairs across the NHS to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for visitors, customers, and employees.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a building maintenance environment, preferably within Healthcare Services. You should have appropriate knowledge and understanding of H&S and environment standards, working at height, legionella and asbestos awareness.
* The role will be responsible for carrying out general property maintenance i.e. Carpentry, Painting & Decorating, Wet Trades, Tiling, as well as any remedial works required.
* Deliver planned and reactive maintenance services ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times.
* Duties may include (but not limited to) fault finding, minors repairs or installations and maintaining services and equipment within critical environments.
* Able to provide solutions to problems and support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent customer service at all times.
* You will be required to support other Operatives in the team as and when required and liaise with other members of direct and indirect staff to carry out duties effectively and with minimal disruption.
* Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of building services maintenance as directed by the Team Leader or helpdesk.
Salary £22,000 - £28,000 (subject to skills, qualifications and experience) based on a 37.5 hour working week, vehicle, tools & PPE. This is a fixed term contract which will run until the end of March 2021. Salary will be paid pro rata (with rates equating to circa £11.28 - 14.35 per hour)
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free