Field Damper Engineer (Grade 1)
Platform Resourcing are working with a well-know maintenance engineering business. This client is now looking to grow their field engineering team, and they are currently seeking 2 X fully qualified electricians working on site at customer locations to troubleshoot, install, maintain, repair and commission smoke and fire damper equipment within ventilation systems. (No requirement for on-call)
For this role, you will be working on site at customer locations to troubleshoot, install, maintain, repair and commission smoke and fire damper equipment within ventilation systems. After some on-the-job training, your technical, mechanical and/or electrical skills will be used on every visit across new and challenging situations, equipment and locations. You will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of our customers' damper equipment and establishing firm business relationships through the provision of excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Minimum 2 years' service engineering experience in ductwork and dampers.
* Minimum Maths/English GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent.
* Ability to identify fire compartmentation boundaries without the aid of drawings or plans.
* Solid technical skills and experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical equipment.
* Self-starter, able to work well independently and with general supervision.
* Proficient computer skills with a good understanding of Microsoft Word/Excel, Navision or equivalent.
* Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
* A valid driver's license and good driving record (maximum 6 points)
* Able to manage multiple tasks, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
* An excellent approach to customer service.
* Working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
* City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ in Heating and Ventilation.
* Have strong electromechanical, and/or electronic experience testing controls and damper interfaces.
* PASMA/IPAF and/or SSSTS and CSCS qualification.
* Knowledge of the smoke ventilation industry.
* Driving a company vehicle to and from customer sites.
* Availability on standby for emergency call out on a team rotation basis.
* Work using high level machinery in excess of 30 metres in accordance with high level health and safety requirements (with accredited training provided).
* Work at roof level using temporary fall arrest and restraint systems (with accredited training provided).
* Work and travel to sites throughout the UK, with accommodation in hotels as necessary.
* Attendance at customer sites at times that may be considered unsociable hours including some irregular hours and night work.
* Work at weekends and out of hours based on customer requirements.
Training and Education Required
* Electronic/electrical engineering or electro-technology apprenticeship
* A minimum of 4 years or suitably trained apprenticeship
* Through BTEC or City & Guild's 2365 level 2/3 or equivalent
Salary: £competitive + Pension + 32 Days Holidays + Company Vehicle
Privacy and General Data Protection
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties' interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited's commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying. Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agencies
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free