Position - Combustion Maintenance Technician
Location - Portsmouth (& surrounding region)
Reporting to - Technical Supervisor
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
· NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant trade (HVAC/Plumbing etc)
Commercial & Domestic Gas qualifications
· Full UK Driving Licence.
· IPAF / PASMA license
· Current CSCS Health & Safety Card Holder.
· IOSH Managing Safely
· Additional Trade qualification electrical/air conditioning etc
Our client is seeking qualified and experienced combustion engineers technicians to work on a fixed term contract until the end of March 2021, providing reactive and PPM maintenance of building systems which will include heating, ventilation & air conditioning and plumbing systems to properties that range from listed buildings and former workhouses to state-of-the-art integrated health campuses. The key function is to support in delivering building services maintenance and repairs across the NHS to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for visitors, customers, and employees.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a building maintenance environment, preferably within Healthcare Services. You should have appropriate knowledge and understanding of H&S and environment standards, working at height, legionella and asbestos awareness.
· Ensure compliance in line with all processes/procedures and policies that meets organisational standards/requirements including but not limited to our Health & Safety policies & SFG20, ensuring new or revised policies are implemented within own work areas.
· Deliver planned and reactive maintenance services from the PPM planner, ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times.
Duties may include (but not limited to) fault finding, minors repairs or installations and
maintaining services and equipment within critical environments.
· To maintain effective site log books at all NHS premises ensuring that they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking works, ensuring compliance with all safety standards and undertake works as per instructions within any relevant permit or work plan.
· Understand the principles of fire risk assessment and relevant precautions within the workplace.
· Record and report any risk, loss, or defect to the Technical Supervisor and/or helpdesk as appropriate with a view to making recommendations for corrective action and seeking authority to act.
· Support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent customer service at all times.
· Able to communicate technical and or complex information to various stakeholders
· As directed by the Technical Supervisor to manage, co-ordinate or supervise works with external contractors or colleague teams for tenants and customers as required to complete tasks in line with schedules of work.
· To complete all relevant mandatory and job-related training in line with company requirements.
· Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of building services maintenance as directed by the Team Leader or helpdesk.
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 (subject to skills, qualifications & experience) based on a 37.5 hour week, company vehicle, specialist tools & PPE provided. This is a fixed term contract which will run until the end of March 2021. Salary will be paid pro rata (with rates circa £15.38 - 17.94 per hour)
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free