JOB TITLE: Senior Mental Health Practitioner
The Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust is urgently recruiting for Band 5/6 Mental Health Nurse to provide support to the Reading Community Mental Health Team. The post-holder is expected to fill a care co-ordination role.
Location: Prospect Park Hospital
Shifts/Hours: Monday to Friday, flexible working hours between 09:00 to 17:00
Band 5/6 – Example Rate
Day Rate - £15.66 - £19.38 per hour
Night/Sat Rate - £20.35 - £25.19 per hour
Sun/Bank Holiday Rate - £25.05 - £31.00 per hour
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The post holder will be responsible for the formulation, execution, and evaluation of a care plan for a designated number of patients who may present with significant complexity within a multidisciplinary team.
- The post holder will ensure that each individual plan is developed in consultation/agreement with the patient and informed by the wider multidisciplinary team.
- The post holder will be responsible for identifying the specific interventions and skills required from the multidisciplinary team to deliver the plan of care and expected health/social outcomes which are evidenced based and lead to recovery and minimise risk.
- The post holder will be responsible for devising a crisis plan with each individual patient and alerting the Urgent Care services as required.
- The post holder will operate within the principles of recovery and as such support each patient to develop a Wellness Recovery Action Plan and reduce dependence on Secondary Mental Health Services enabling a planned integration into local community facilities and then discharge as part of the patient’s recovery plan.
- As an experienced Mental Health Practitioner, the post holder will direct and supervise junior staff and/or students and resources within their area of responsibility and take an active participation in clinical quality assurance and learning programmes.
- Point of Delivery
- The post holder will be a member of the Reading Community Mental Health Team work within its hours of operation as set out in its operational policy.
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required