Working within a small team, you will be responsible for supporting the IT department in administering and improving the IT environment for all computer users within the Company.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role and your annual salary requirements.
* Providing technical support to staff in the office and remotely via face-to-face, telephone and remote based assistance.
* Updating the company website and intranet.
* Keeping information current in various company applications and directories.
* Creating and modifying users’ network accounts and permissions.
* Purchasing equipment for users and maintaining asset registers.
* Installing and configuring devices such as PCs, printers, wireless access points and telephones.
* Configuring mobile phones and tablets for company staff use.
* Troubleshooting issues with software configuration, networking and hardware issues, liaising with support providers where necessary.
* Making changes to the office telephone system directory.
* Helping with the creation of presentations and organisation charts.
* Identifying old/waste electrical equipment and organising the disposal of it.
* Being pro-active in the identification and resolution of problems.
* Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
* Embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values, in addition to complying with all Company policies.
Ongoing personal development. Attend any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
You will have a minimum 12 month’s experience of working in an IT department. Experience in helpdesk support and administering telephone systems is desirable. Confident and personable with strong communication skills, you will be organised and flexible with a high degree of initiative.
* Ability to work under pressure whilst multi-tasking and being able to prioritise workloads.
* Good administration skills.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft based operating system windows 10 and Windows server
* Knowledge of Active directory and Group policy
* Basic knowledge of networking technologies, such as DHCP, DNS, Firewalls and Routing
* Basic SQL knowledge and experience with database systems such as MSSQL, MySql, MariaDB
* Passionate about technology, hungry to learn new things.
* A full valid driving licence is essential as you may be required to visit other sites.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Role: Junior IT Support Technician
Job Type: Permanent
Location: CV47, Warwickshire,
Apply for this job now.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!