An Excellent opportunity for an Experienced Fabricator to join a well-established company based in Plymouth.
They specialise in Granite & Quartz Worktop Overlays, boasting a stunning collection of innovative granite, quartz, recycled glass and porcelain worktops, complimented by a beautiful collection of replacement kitchen doors and glass mosaic tiles.
About the Role:
The primary aim is to assemble / put together all pieces of a job in relation to job packet forms, both accurately and in line with installation timelines and schedule demands.
* Assess and understand job packets assigned.
* Follow instructions in the job packets relating to each unique installation to assemble all pieces, glue and finish each item in readiness for in home installation.
* Provide assistance and support to the cutter as required.
* Consistently be aware of all Health & Safety and safe work best practice procedures and equipment.
* Ensure General Manager is aware of any issues relating to safety and safe work practices within the workshop.
* Adhere to the workshop schedule in relation to daily, weekly, monthly and annual cleaning and maintenance of all tools, equipment, supplies and work areas throughout the workshop.
* Ensure new product and supplies are placed and stored in appropriate storage areas, consistently maintaining safe work best practice in doing so.
* Be aware of installation timelines and schedule demands / deadlines, ensuring the General Manager is made aware of any timeline's issues.
Training will be provided on the following tools and others as needed. As such, an installer will be expected to be proficient and safely able to use in accordance with specific templates and needs:
* Festool Saw and Tracking System. Festool Orbital Sander and Grit Pads. Festool Drill Driver. Angle Grinder.
* Skill Saw. Dremel/Rotary Tool. Small Wet Saw and Large Wet Saw (depending on availability).
* Chop/Miter Saw. Jig Saw. Reciprocating Saws. Course and Fine Stones. Diamond Saw Blades. Wood Cutting/Ripping Blades. Router and Router Bits.
In addition to the tools listed in the Key Proficiencies section, training is provided as follows and as required:
* Head Office Induction / overview. Technical training and fit.
* Templates. Cutting. Fabrication and installation. Machinery and tools.
* Training on people skills and communications. Plumbing training. Health & Safety.. Refer to FAST team as required.
* The ideal candidate will have a qualification in carpentry / joinery and hands on experience either as an apprentice or in a commercial environment would be highly desirable.
* Knowledge of plumbing would also be highly desirable.
* Any fabricating experience desirable.
* Knowledge of granite is highly desirable but not essential as full training is provided.
* Experience in installations of bathrooms and / or wet-rooms would be accepted also.
* Must enjoy learning and have a desire to continually learn new skills.
* Well presented and good communications skills.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* Ability to safely lift and carry up to 35kg safely (loading, transporting / installing).
* An excellent physical ability to safely operate large and small hand tools in a customer's home or designated outside work areas.
* Able to carry out installation and all physical aspects required.
* Team player.
* Understands and is able to work to deadlines.
* Excels in environments where accuracy and minimal wastage is paramount.
This is a full-time position and in return the company is offering a Competitive Salary of £18,000 - £25,000 - Depending on Experience.
If you feel that you have the relative skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free