Head of Electricity Innovation and Delivery
Do you want to join the leading independent provider of utility networks?
BUUK Infrastructure know that our greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement - "To deliver consistently high-quality service to customers to earn their long-term loyalty to BUUK."
GTC are part of a family of companies owned by BUUK Infrastructure group and we are currently recruiting for a Head of Electricity Innovation & Delivery to provide management of electricity systems, DNO relationships, Innovation and ensure on site works are delivered to the satisfaction of customers and to the standards required which is undertaken by the Electricity department. This full time, permanent position is based at our office in Woolpit.
We are looking for someone with well, developed interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and the strength to motivate conventional wisdom. While it is not essential that you have had previous experience within this sector before, you must have had significant experience in similar work and educated to a minimum of degree standard in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Training on our systems and the company will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and join a company that has been recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Responsibilities will include -
* Manage the electricity systems in conjunction with the IT and Regulation Teams.
* Manage the relationship with the DNO Connection teams. Ensure that these relationships are maintained and enhanced to the benefit of the business.
* Develop the Innovation of the electricity networks to ensure that we can provide services to generation/storage and demand customers.
* Collaborate with the BUUK Group to develop solutions for Generation, Storage, electrical heating and car charging to gain a benefit for the group.
* Deliver all on site work required for the safe operation of the GTC Networks.
* Deliver the remedial works programme across the expanding electrical networks.
* Manage the provision of operational and system support to the electricity team.
* Collaborate with the wider electrical team to ensure standards are maintained on site and compliance with DNO standards is achieved.
* Manage the provision of MPANs and all relevant street lighting quotations for all work aspects.
* Ensure all delivery issues are resolved and work is completed to the customers timescales.
* Review and report against all targets on a monthly basis. Identify any gaps in delivery and plan improvement programmes to keep on target.
* Head of Electricity Innovation and Site Ops
* Collaborate with the Management team to ensure a succession plan is in place for the long term success of the electricity business and achieve business goals.
Along with a rewarding working environment we offer a competitive starting salary, pension and life assurance. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus the opportunity to purchase more through our flexible benefits scheme), corporate perks (reduced cinema tickets and discounts at high street shops), wellbeing assistance (24-hour helpline and counselling service) and social calendar with events taking place throughout the year. Our Woolpit office also has staff car parking and a subsidised restaurant available on site.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the Resourcing team on (phone number removed) for an informal discussion in confidence.
Due to the current on-going Coronavirus pandemic, we understand there may be questions about working from home and our offices. BUUK and its group carefully monitor government guidelines and are proud to operate COVID secure offices.
We currently offer a mixture of office and remote working for positions where possible and are taking precautions to ensure all of our staff are safe. Please don't hesitate to contact us to discuss this further
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free