Education Programme Manager (maternity cover)
Location: This is a home-based role (preferably in London, the South East or East of England)
Hours of work: 30-37.5 hours per week. Working hours should be split evenly over four or five days per week. (If desired there is scope to work fewer hours during school holidays).
Length of contract: 6 months (maternity cover)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: 10th January 2020 - but please apply as soon as you can. We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis.
BTS Spark offers targeted leadership development and coaching to school leaders and education professionals. We support headteachers, system and multi-academy trust (MAT) leaders, senior and middle leaders, and teachers to develop their leadership capabilities through workshops, one-to-one coaching, group coaching, webinars and online learning. We are a not-for-profit practice within global professional services company BTS
Our programmes are distinctive and impactful, drawing on a rich and comprehensive curriculum, spanning 34 leadership mindset shifts, and delivered by a team of highly skilled professional coaches and facilitators. BTS Spark is unique in offering personalised and contextualised, results-focused coaching and leadership development, with the ability to ensure consistency and quality of learning and development for a single headteacher through to cohorts of hundreds. We operate in the UK, Australia, and the US.
About the role:
The Education Programme Manager works closely with the Head of Education to manage and grow our programmes and ensure that they are executed to our high and exacting standards, and you will also support our new team of part-time Spark Partners as they extend our work into new parts of the country. The role is critical to our service delivery and our growth plans. You will provide an end to end service, liaising with clients and coordinating and organising programme delivery. You will be a professional first point of contact for new enquiries, and a credible and trusted partner for our existing clients. You will support both programme delivery and business development by successfully partnering with colleagues across the organisation (including but not limited to finance, design, IT support and our team of coaches and facilitators).
* To be fully 'inside' key clients (knowledgeable about their structure, programmes and key people), working as a trusted partner and a professional first point of contact.
* Support business development by partnering with the Head of Education: working towards agreed strategic and operational growth objectives, assisting with development of proposals and data collation/analysis.
* Developing detailed project plans for each programme, establishing key milestones and tracking progress, taking proactive action if activities fall behind schedule.
* Partnering with the Head of Education and Coach Community Leader to achieve timely recruitment of coach/ facilitator teams, briefing coaches on programme specifics including fees, terms and conditions, feedback requirements, engagement etc.
* Managing the accurate uploading and launching of coachee programmes on our coaching platform
* Supporting the delivery of our young people's programme, including school recruitment and liaison, co-ordinating programme delivery with our facilitator team and schools, attending school workshops to oversee delivery
* Partnering with the IT support team to utilise full functionality of the operating system in support of programmes and resolve any technical challenges.
* Ensuring that each programme operates smoothly, that coachees remain engaged, and that clients are kept well informed and involved.
* Handling and resolving client / coachee / coach queries, keeping the rest of the organisation informed / consulted as appropriate (initial acknowledgment response within 24hrs).
* In partnership with the Head of Education, producing data based and insight-led reports for clients on coachee progress, engagement, completion, feedback and impact, aligned to the BTS Spark global template and service standards.
* Facilitating the organisation of group coaching, including scheduling and establishing IT links for remote sessions using Zoom and our coaching platform
* Serving as a first point of contact for enquiries, advising clients on relevant programmes.
* Following through with enquiries, sending quotations and further information, or referring to the Head of Education if needed.
Marketing and Communications:
* Monitoring and co-ordinating content development and posting for our social media account
* Managing the growth of our UK Education Alumni and Supporters network, including maintaining our mailing lists and sending out termly newsletters
* Accurate forecasting of confirmed and probable income, maintaining accurate data on our CRM database
* Accurate and prompt raising of invoices including programme costs, missed calls and expenses.
* Careful tracking and management of client payments against invoices to achieve a positive cash flow outcome.
* Providing, as needed, executive assistant support for the Head of Education
* Any other reasonable duties.
Your knowledge, skills and experience:
A minimum of 3 years of programme co-ordination or project management experience
Experience of working in or closely with the education sector, particularly schools
Proven experience of business / organisational development and customer / client service
Experience of managing social media accounts in a professional context
Confident approach to working with clients
Proven experience of stakeholder management
Strong communication and presentation skills
Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Financial management and a high level of numeracy
A flexible and agile approach
Interest in leadership development and empowering others
Strong IT skills including with the Microsoft Office Suite including Powerpoint
Engaging, proactive and positive 'can-do' attitude
Client facing and client handling experience
Experience of using databases / CRM systems and of data analysis
University graduate degree level of education
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free