Title: Deputy PR and Communications Coordinator
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £25,480 - £27,741 per annum (NJC Salary Scale Point 19-23)
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract
Holidays: 28 days plus bank holidays (per annum)
Pension: Auto-enrolment scheme in place
Probationary Period: 6 Months
Accountable to: PR and Communications Co-ordinator
Place of work: Osney Mead, Oxford / part-time remote
Purpose of the Job
As Deputy PR & Communications Coordinator you will play a lead role in developing and delivering Oxfordshire Mind's communications work. You will gather market intelligence, undertake research, analyse results, plan, review and create both campaigns and digital content. You will be up to date with the latest developments in digital marketing knowledge and be an experienced project manager, able to work with internal and external stakeholders. You will also deputise for the PR and Communications Coordinator as required.
This role will have a key focus on extending and deepening our partnership work with Oxfordshire All In and the Voluntary Community Sector Alliance.
At Oxfordshire Mind we firmly believe that everyone who has mental health difficulties should have somewhere to turn to for advice and support. We exist to make that happen.
We do this through raising awareness of mental health issues, making sure that support for mental health in Oxfordshire is easy to find, and by running a range of mental health services, including:
* Courses and workshops to increase understanding of mental health
* Workplace training to support mental health at work
* Support with welfare benefits
* Peer support groups
* Supported housing and accommodation.
* Knowledge and understanding of mental health issues, mental health services (both statutory and third sector) and the needs of people living with mental health problems
* Proven experience in a relevant communications role
* Skilled writer and editor, with the ability to write engaging stories
* Able to produce original, clear, and concise content to tight deadlines
* Experience in designing an intranet
* Collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to adapt to a variety of audiences
* Proven experience of using social media platforms to deliver campaigns
* Competent in using Adobe PhotoShop, PremierePro and Canva to create graphics, videos, and animations
* Organised with the ability to prioritise competing demands
* Able to lead and develop internal communications
* Ability to establish positive inter-agency relationships
* Effective teamwork skills with the ability to take initiative and work on an individual basis
* Capacity to cope effectively with the pressures of the post and to use the support and supervision provided
* Strong commitment to the involvement of service-users in the shaping of service delivery
* Strong commitment to social inclusion, equality, and diversity and to the values and ethos of Oxfordshire Mind
Closing Date: 10th January 2021
Interview Date: 15th January 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please click 'Apply' to be redirected to our website, where you can view the full job description and apply online. Please note, you are not applying at this stage.
Oxfordshire Mind is fully committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunity and diversity.
We are a Mindful Employer.
No agencies please
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free