Role: Health and Safety Officer
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience
Location: Doncaster/Remote working option available
Our client is one of the UK's largest independent pharmaceutical wholesalers offering a product range through exceptional customer service and efficient delivery.
We are looking for a strong team player who has a proven background within a Health & Safety role. This will be a stand-alone role that will require the development, implementation and continuous improvement of a Health and Safety structure across the business, including the development of all appropriate documents, including risk assessments etc.
The person appointed to this new role, will work closely with the regional teams (3) to coordinate the implementation of the H&S structure and will be the main point of contact for guidance and support when H&S concerns arise.
You will be required to use your Health and Safety knowledge and experience to ensure we have the appropriate measures in place across the business, to ensure compliance with our H&S obligations.
The successful candidate will have in depth knowledge of H&S legislation and will continually update themselves with changes to legislation and guidance.
This role will report directly into the Group Head of HR.
Key Areas of Responsibilities Include
* Monitoring and recording all H&S across a multi-site organisation, ensuring that the company remains compliant with legislation.
* To organise and promote a positive H&S culture and secure the effective implementation of H&S policies.
* Liaising with Managers regarding all H&S matters, offering advice and assistance when required.
* Reporting any compliance failures to your manager where appropriate.
* To support and guide managers will all Health and Safety concerns.
* Recommending solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
* To keep records of incidents / accidents and report back to manager
* To log any health and safety claims with the insurance provider and be the point of contact for all communication.
* To develop, implement and review risk assessment templates
The responsibilities of this role may evolve throughout the course of employment.
The successful candidate:
* NEBOSH Certificate is essential
* Experience working in warehousing or distribution business / sector would be advantageous
* Proven background in Health & Safety
* Be articulate, possess excellent IT and communication skills and work well under pressure
* Commitment to working as part of a team
* Ability to build strong working relationships with regional and depot management
* Confidence and self-assurance to work in a stand-alone capacity with support from line manager when needed
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free