Job Title: Multi Utility Site Manager
Reporting to: Multi Utility Team Manager
Location: Remote (ideal location: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire or Hertfordshire area)
Closing Date: 22nd January 2021
We are UKPS; a fast-growing, multi-utility Independent Connection Provider (ICP) with a national footprint. We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS and WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to residential, commercial and industrial projects.
We are part of the Last Mile Infrastructure Group, one of UK's largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 300,000 gas and electricity connections serving residential and commercial customers. In total the Group employs over 650 people across the UK.
About the role:
We are looking for a Multi Utility Site Manager to be based within our MU East Team. The ideal candidate for this role will be based in the Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire or Hertfordshire area. This is a mobile role with frequent travel to customer sites and UKPS offices.
The main purpose of the Multi Utility Site Manager role is to provide on-site supervision for the successful delivery of the construction of new Electricity, Gas & Water connection projects, on behalf of a growing ICP (Independent Connection Provider) with a national footprint.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role:
* Supervise UKPS internal staff and subcontractors in the delivery of the on-site elements of new Electricity, Gas & Water connections.
* Ensure works are carried out in line with UKPS health, safety, quality and environmental standards.
* Ensure all works are completed to the relevant iDNO, DNO, GDN, IGT & Water companies standards
* Undertake on site safety and quality audits, recording and closing out any project non-conformances.
* Organise and supervise staff to ensure productivity is maximized.
* Have an understanding of client/project requirements and timescales and ensure these are met.
* Liaise with Clients Site Manager(s) regarding programming and management of onsite works.
* Produce Work Instructions, Risk Assessments, Method Statements for craft teams.
* Ensure all paperwork is returned, check and sign off as per UKPS' processes & procedures.
* Effective management of multiple sites.
* Liaise with UKPS Electric, Gas & Water technical teams where required regarding energisations and live mains extensions etc.
* Manage project materials in line with the project budget and UKPS' processes and procedures.
* Regularly communicate with the MU Team and provide regular reports as required.
* To be fully aware of the market that UK Power Solutions are operating within.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience in site supervision within the Utilities distribution industry would be desirable.
* Previous authorisations within the utilities industry would be an advantage.
* Previous experience of craft skills working on distribution networks would be advantageous.
* Qualification in Electrical, Gas or Water would be an advantage but not essential
* Solid organisational ability and strong influencing skills.
* Ability to work effectively within a team, with good communication skills.
* Customer service orientated, and a desire to achieve the best results and contribute to the success of UKPS.
Problem solver and solution provider.
* The following would be beneficial but training can be provided as required: SSSTS, EUSR or equivalent, First Aid, Manual Handling.
What we can offer you:
* Competitive starting salary
* Company vehicle
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years' service, up to a maximum of 30 days
* Life Insurance (3x salary)
* 5% Employer Pension Contribution
* Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation)
* Employee Assistance Programme
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free