Building Maintenance Engineer
Jackson Hogg is supporting a global innovative engineering company in Sunderland with a 6 month fixed term contract building/facilities maintenance role.
* Assisting the Facilities Manager in the day to day operation of the site and buildings.
* Implementing and carrying out maintenance tasks associated with keeping grounds and building in good repair and to a high standard.
* General building maintenance repairs, and improvements
* Carry out daily routine inspection of the buildings and grounds to identify, record and take appropriate action
* Minor plumbing, carpentry and DIY
* To assist contractors as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all relevant health safety and environmental legislation.
* General maintenance, testing and operation of systems relating to the fire alarms, sprinkler system, intruder alarm, heating and ventilation, gas and water, lighting.
* Assist with maintaining the physical security of the site including supporting on occasion out of hours access and egress
* HNC in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics or similar
* Time served as an apprentice (mechanical/ electrical)
* General experience of building/facilities maintenance.
* Flexible with good decision making and problem-solving skills
* Plumbing and carpentry experience
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free