SEND Teaching Assistant
Do you have experience of supporting students with SEND needs?
Are you looking for flexible working hours?
Due to the current climate and increased demand for work in SEND settings, Provide Education are recruiting experienced Teaching Assistants. Day to day, short and long term supply opportunities are available to experienced candidates. Provide Education is working with a number of schools in the Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire areas.
SEND schools are looking for Teaching Assistants who can join newly formed school bubbles on a part-time basis. Teaching assistants who have experience of supporting students with complex needs, in particular or who hold a Team Teach qualification are encouraged to apply as are those who have a DBS on the Update Service already. It would also be advantageous for candidates to have experience in PEG feeding and personal care.
We are looking for calm, organised, conscientious Teaching Assistants who can work independently, and can also use structures in place from the teacher.
Specific responsibilities may include:
* Getting the classroom ready for lessons
* Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
* Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
* Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
* Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
* Supervising group activities
* Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
* Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
* Helping with outings and sports events
* Taking part in training
* Carrying out administrative tasks.
* Following school policies and procedures especially those relating to child protection and health and safety
* Respecting confidential issues linked to home/students/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate
The right candidate must be reliable, punctual, hardworking and professional as well as hold experience in working with children in an SEND setting.
The individual will be required to hold an enhanced DBS and will be subject to references.
This position is to start immediately and is on a part-time flexible basis dependent on the needs of the school.
Provide Education are proud holders of the REC Audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free