Fleet Maintenance Controller - Devizes
Established in the UK in 1971, Ryder has since earned a reputation for delivering solutions that ease complexity and increase efficiency for companies of all sizes. Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet and transportation functions for our customers across the UK, many of whom make the products that consumers use every day.
Our Fleetcare business is going from strength to strength. Our customers recognise us as the industry expert in ensuring their fleets are both properly maintained and also compliant thus reducing down time and maximising the efficiency of their fleet.
Our Maintenance Controllers work with our network of Ryder owned workshops and our main dealer network partners to make sure our customers receive a quality service be it due to a breakdown, routine service or warranty work. As a team of experts in maintenance, we take pride in making the right decisions first time every time. As a Controller you will be authorising and controlling the cost of all relevant work to our customer's vehicles in line with our standards and agreements.
You will be working in an open plan office environment where you will provide technical support to customers, both internal and external, over the telephone. Effective communication is key to ensure vehicle issues are resolved allowing our customers to be on the road as much as possible.
Our Maintenance Control Team is made up of people coming from industry who have experience of dealing with suppliers and customers in a pro-active way to deliver the best solution first time. Some have joined us because they want to make the transition from workshop to an office based environment, one where personal development is a key focus.
* A working knowledge of the mechanics of the motor vehicle Industry is essential in order to be successful in this role
* Commercially aware to identify efficiency opportunities without compromising quality
* Consistently seeks to improve processes
* Has a proven track record of being able to negotiate to gain a win, win solution
* Practical working knowledge level of IT including Microsoft Excel and outlook
* Previous experience of working with " in house" systems such as Enrich would be highly advantageous
You may be on the tools, on a service/warranty desk or supervising technicians and want to bring that blend of technical and customer service experience to a Corporate office environment. Alongside this, you will be comfortable and familiar with being measured against key performance indicators both team and individual to ensure that targets are met which ultimately means our customers are receiving the level of service we expect them to.
You will have a professional approach when dealing with individuals both internally and externally and will thrive in an environment where you are able to use your technical knowledge and experience to be constantly problem solving in order to get to a solution that equally benefits us, our customers and our suppliers. Some of the traits we believe a successful Maintenance Controller possesses are below:
* Is confident to seek clarity in ambiguous situations to ensure that all requirements are met
* Challenge the status quo when necessary
* Demonstrates the ability to communicate at all levels
* Establishes themselves professionally at all times
If you are interested in the above role and you have a desire to be successful, please apply.
Salary & Benefits
You will be working between Monday and Friday from 8am to 5pm.
On offer is £26,010 plus up to £1,500 bonus as well as a benefits package as per below.
* Industry leading pension scheme matching up to 6% of your salary
* Generous holiday allowance (starting at 22 days, increasing up to 25 days based on length of service plus bank holidays)
* Access to Perkbox which offers a wide variety of discounts across the high street and online retailers, cinemas, restaurants etc.
* Group Income Protection (available after 2 years of service)
* Life Assurance (3x basic salary)
* Eyecare Vouchers
* 24/7 GP Service
Ryder has one of Europe's largest fleet of trucks, a FleetCare network of more than 300 approved service locations, and some of the most talented people in the industry. By investing in the latest information and technology, we strive to make business safer, more efficient, and as environmentally responsible as possible.
At Ryder, we believe in investing in our people and the future of the commercial transportation industry. Over 39,000 people work for us worldwide. Each one of them is respected and valued as the industry's brightest engineers, safest drivers and the most experienced Technicians - all part of a team who are dedicated to solving your toughest transportation challenges.
Ryder is committed to creating a culture of respect and professionalism and a high-performing, diverse and inclusive workforce based on trust. Supporting that commitment, we encourage applications from all candidates regardless of gender, race, colour, religious belief, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
*Strictly no agency support
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free