Specialist Particle Scientist/Crystallisation Scientist
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Specialist to work within the Process Studies group of a multinational company, offering World-class scientific expertise. The company offers an extensive array of benefits as part of their employee-focused approach. With further growth and investment scheduled, this is a great time to join an established business with exciting future plans.
In this role, you will be developing to lead the science, manage a small team of experienced scientists and offer expertise in crystallisation/particle science, delivering fundamental knowledge to underpin the efficient manufacture of crop protection products.
This role offers a flexible option for promotion on transition to a leadership role in Switzerland.
* PhD or Degree in Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Process Engineering, or equivalent work experience
* Demonstrable leadership and people management skills with a strong positive approach
* Excellent technical expertise in crystal science or particle science
* Experience in surface physical science and its application to organic chemistry systems (reactions and physical processes), with an understanding of solid-state science and process development
* Experience of tackling process challenges and creating innovative solutions in an industrial environment or within extensive industrial collaboration is highly desirable
* An understanding of scale-up, manufacturing support and product development is advantageous but not essential
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills for global networking
* High standards of scientific rigour, creative, self-motivated and well-organised
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide technical expertise in crystallisation and solid-state science
* Lead a small physical science team to deliver expertise in applying quantitative crystallisation, thermodynamics and kinetics to design and control particle processes, with a focus on development
* Develop a depth of experience over time to be a significant source of crystallisation expertise
* Apply theoretical and practical knowledge to identify and progress projects, in order to guide and lead delivery of improvements to technological and manufacturing capability, cost and HSE performance.
* Actively drive and engage cross-functional, cross-site teams. Build relationships with key contacts in other departments in pursuit of overall goals and objectives
* Monitor external scientific and technology advances, identifying and progressing appropriate responses, including appropriate academic collaborations. Use information to both address current project challenges and raise scientific capability.
* Seek patent cover where appropriate in order to record and protect the IP which arises from the efforts of the team
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free