Role: Head of Business
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Car Scheme (or cash alternative)
Hours: 40 per week including evenings and weekends
Closing date: Friday 8th January 2021
Summary of role
This is an exciting opportunity for a people focussed and sales driven Head of Business to lead the Sales and Aftersales Teams in a fast-paced Car Supermarket environment, managing our largest store in Wakefield.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for the day to day operations management of the store, delivering a strong financial performance through your team and building towards new growth opportunities. In particular, you will:
* Foster a customer-centric culture putting the customer first at every opportunity
* Lead a team to ensure that all sales opportunities are maximised and targets met or exceeded.
* Analyse KPI reports to identify continuous improvement opportunities
* Advocate the importance of process and procedure
* Drive a high performance culture, ensuring performance is recognised and rewarded and underperformance is managed
* Identify and develop talent to drive future success
What do I need to be successful?
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
* Be an exceptional people manager with a demonstrable successful background in retail
* Be customer focused and able to manage and resolve any customer issues
* Be able to build and maintain good, solid relationships with people at all levels in the business.
* Have brilliant communication skills both written and verbal
* Have a full UK/EU driving licence
It would be nice if you:
* Have experience in the automotive world and an inherent interest in the industry
* Are able to track and identify areas for improvement and see them to resolution
* Possess an analytical mind and are able to extract and articulate important bits of information.
What do we offer you?
Our fantastic benefits package includes:
* Private medical insurance
* Life Assurance scheme
* Discounted gym membership and other high street discounts
And much more!!
Who are CarShop?
CarShop is part of the Sytner Group, the largest and most prestigious automotive retailer in the UK.
At CarShop we understand that exceptional customer service can only be consistently delivered by attracting, motivating, training and retaining the very best team members. With this in mind, we put our employees at the heart of everything that we do by developing their talent and enabling them to build long term careers. Testament to this, CarShop has achieved a rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 on Glassdoor with 96% of reviewers stating they would recommend us to a friend as a place to work - ahead of other large national retailers like Apple, IKEA and John Lewis.
As part of Sytner, CarShop aims to be the employer of choice within the motor retail industry. We put a lot of time and effort into finding and nurturing the very best candidates for every job, recognising and rewarding your achievements and supporting your personal development.
Achieving this goal will help us maintain our position as the UK's leading used car supermarket group. It will also enable us to set the standard by which all other motor dealerships and car supermarkets are measured. Established in 1999, CarShop has a £700 million annual turnover, 55,000+ annual retail sales, up to 9,000 cars in group stock at any one time, over 1400 employees, 20 years of experience, 11 huge retail stores, and great ambition for continued innovation and success.
What happens next?
Once you have completed your application, our People Team will initially consider your skills and experience based on your CV and application. If suitable, our team will then contact you to advise you of the next stage.
We will ensure that all our resourcing processes are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore, we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
You may also have experience of: Branch Manager, Sales Manager, Dealership Manager, Store Manager, Sales Director, Retail Manager, Business Manager, Car Sales Manager, Used Car Sales Manager, Area Manager, Regional Manager, Business Development Manager, Business Development Director, etc
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free