Thinking of becoming a teacher in West Yorkshire
Entry Level Secondary Cover Supervisor Roles - Wakefield
Have you ever thought about a career working in education but not entirely sure where to begin? If so, Protocol Education could be the steppingstone to doing so.
Currently we work with a large selection of Secondary Schools & Academies within the Wakefield & Kirklees Local Authority who on a daily basis require local cover supervisors to cover their emergency absences within the school.
The key duties & responsibilities of a cover supervisor are:
• Cover lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
• Maintain appropriate discipline and behaviour management in line with the individual school's behaviour policies
• Ensue that the resources required to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available.
• Provide feedback that is relevant and assists in moving the students' learning forward.
• Ensure classrooms are left tidy and ready for the next lesson.
• Collect completed work at the end of the lesson and return it to the appropriate member of staff.
• Report any safeguarding concerns immediately to a Designated Safeguarding Lead or Senior Member of staff
• Be proactive and engaging with the lesson
With Protocol Education we provide in house free Cover Supervisor & Behaviour Management' training prior to you beginning work, which is ran by experienced Secondary Education Consultants, some who are trained qualified teachers.
We also offer showcase days at local secondary schools to shadow other cover supervisors to enable you to see the role in action.
This role would be suited to you if you were looking for part time or full-time hours. Often schools require a full day cover, between the hours of 8.15am - 3pm, however a part day can also be needed.
Essential requirements for the role
• Educated to A Level (or equivalent)
• Grade C or above in GCSE English and mathematics
• Value driven
• Proactive individual
• Ability to use initiative
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
• DBS on the update service (or the willingness to obtain one)
Desirable requirements for the role
• Subject specialism - degree qualified with a relevant subject area
A Cover Supervisor position could be the pathway to you becoming a Future Teacher' and kick starting your career
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free