As a Ward Manager, you will become a crucial part of our outstanding multi-disciplinary team. You will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional care to our patients and will manage the day to day running of the ward.
You will be a dynamic individual with a flexible approach who possesses excellent leadership and management skills. A high level of self-motivation and drive are a must, as well as the ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and rise to a challenge.
It’s a career that you can take pride in and enjoy. It’s what delivering great healthcare should feel like.
• Managing and training of junior and nurse staff.
• Working alongside the senior Nurse to manage the on call service.
• Effective strategic resource management.
• Supporting the implementation of local Clinical Governance Strategy.
• Satisfactory completion of objectives as agreed at appraisal and monthly supervision.
• Satisfactory fulfillment of core competencies.
• Serious incident reviews and implementation of recommendations.
• Demonstrates clear application of continuing professional development portfolio.
• Ward Budget Management.
• Providing strong and robust leadership in the clinical environment using the core skills of facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, teaching and delegation.
• Facilitates delivery of practice and support supervision
• Actively contributing to the Nursing Service Agreement, departmental Risk Matrix and action plan and monitoring their implementation
• To participate and take on active lead in organisational clinical and nursing audit programmes
• Participating in and taking an active lead in organisational clinical and nursing audit programmes
• Developing a coaching culture within the clinical environment
• Manage the achievements and maintenance of the Care Standards Act
To be successful in this role, you'll need
• RMN/RNLD Qualification
• Personal learning and development.
• Evidence based practice.
• Values based practice.
• Service user centred care.
• Team player.
• Leadership skills.
• Management of people skills.
• Autistic Spectrum Disorder & Learning Disorder experience
• Experience within a leadership/management capacity.
• Relevant sufficient post registration experience.
Join the team at Pinhoe View - a new purpose-built facility where a range of mental health services are provided for adults with acute mental health conditions across two wards and eight individual flats.
The 24-hour acute inpatient service is supported by a full multidisciplinary team, which specialises in the assessment, treatment and stabilisation of people suffering from a significant mental health episode and in crisis.
Clinical and therapeutic services at Pinhoe View are delivered in a safe environment, providing the opportunity for recovery, while rehabilitation services provide a pathway of care supporting individuals back to their community.
This service operates 24/7 you will work shifts including days, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
What you will get
• Annual salary from £40,000 - £42,000 per annum depending on experience £5000 Relocation/Welcome Bonus Package
• The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
• Free meals and parking
• Wellbeing support and activities
• Career development and training
• Pension contribution
• Life Assurance
• Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care.
Each and every employee is valued and supported, as everyone has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is only with the dedication, passion and hard work from staff that excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users can be delivered.
With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure