This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to gain experience in a women’s psychology service and to improve their experience in clinical/forensic settings in preparation for a professional training programme in psychology. The outstanding, well-established and friendly psychology team delivers a range of evidence-based therapies including CBT, CFT and EMDR for trauma.
There is a strong emphasis on individualised care planning, psycho-education and group therapies.
The Assistant Psychologist will be undertaking and supporting psychological assessment and formulation, risk management of a range of presentations and will be co-facilitating therapy groups. Clinical supervision in line with BPS requirements and CPD will be provided. You will be working to professional practice expectations and the BPS code of ethics.
To be successful in this role, you'll need
- A BPS degree in Psychology (2.1 minimum)
- Previous experience working in a healthcare/secure setting as either an Assistant Psychologist or Healthcare Assistant;
- Knowledge and understanding of psychological models and an interest in a career in psychology.
- Previous experience facilitating groupwork/therapies is highly desirable.
The post is full time and fixed term (9-12 months) covering maternity leave but has potential to be extended.
Closing date is 18th January 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email by 21th January 2021.
Interviews will be online, from w/c 25th January 2021.
What you will get
- Annual salary of £19,500 Pro Rata
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
About your next employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.