This is an excellent opportunity for someone with prior experience as an Assistant Psychologist to work in a unique Dialectical Behaviour Therapy pathway for women diagnosed with emotionally unstable personality disorder and/or who self harm.
An Assistant Psychologist is required to support all aspects of the psychologically-based programme, including undertaking and supporting psychological assessment and formulation, co-facilitating therapy groups, collating outcome data for the programme and preparing reports. Clinical supervision in line with BPS requirements and CPD will be provided. You will be working to professional practice expectations and the BPS code of ethics.
To be successful in this role, you'll need
- A BPS degree in Psychology (2.1 minimum)
- Previous experience working in a healthcare/secure setting as an Assistant Psychologist
- A good knowledge and understanding of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and psychological models
- An interest in a career in psychology.
- Previous experience facilitating groupwork/therapies is highly desirable.
The post is full time and fixed term (minimum 12 months and up to 2 years).
Closing date is 18th January 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email by 21st January 2021.
Interviews will be online from w/c 25th January 2021.
What you will get
- Annual salary of £19,500 Pro Rata
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
About your next employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.