The Curtiss-Wright HR team in the UK operate as a Shared Service across 3 Divisions, supporting around 700 employees. We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised person who is seeking a rewarding career in Human Resources. The successful candidate will join the HR team in our purpose-built facility next to Bournemouth Airport.
Curtiss-Wright is looking for HR Administrator to join our UK HR team. You can be already working in HR or just interested in a career in HR looking to gain some experience with a global organization. Curtiss-Wright will support the successful candidate with appropriate training that will allow them to gain accreditation and eventually professional membership of the CIPD. As skills and experience increase there will be scope to get involved with more complex HR activities and projects.
The HR team are also involved in some activities relating to other Curtiss-Wright facilities across Europe and India, and there may be opportunities to get involved in some HR aspects of this.
The right applicant will be able to demonstrate, excellent communication skills, and be able to apply innovation to our current systems.
* Provide support to the HR team
* Responder on HR Helpdesk
* Updating organisation charts
* Manage employee changes in conjunction with the US-based HRIS Team
* Prepare changes to terms and conditions of employment
* Coordinate approvals
* Support new hire, onboarding & leaver processes
* Support Careers fairs and open days
* Support new employee screening (e.g. ITAR, BPSS and SC)
* HR reporting (standard and ad hoc)
* Coordinate employee events
* HR system maintenance (e.g. Cornerstone, UK HR Sharepoint, T&A)
* Maintain HR processes & procedures
* Preparation of files for payroll
* Support with coordination of employee development and training, including Apprenticeships
* Ad hoc HR projects
* Minimum of 6 GCSEs at grade 5 or above (including Maths and English Language)
* Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team is essential
* Attention to detail
* Excellent customer service approach
* Time management skills and ability to work under pressure
* Communication & organisation skills
* Resilience and the ability to work quickly against deadlines
* Computer literate and competent user of Microsoft Packages (including Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
* Experience of working in a people facing/customer service role (desirable)
* Previous HR experience (desirable but not essential)
* Experience of in house systems (desirable but not essential)
* Full UK driving licence
* Occasional travel (mainly to other CW UK sites)
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free