Electronics Design Engineer Loughborough, UK £36 - £42k + benefits
This is a very interesting and challenging role that would suit a creative electronics deign engineer that enjoys working in a fast paced product development environment. Its exciting times as there is a lot of NEW product design and development going on.
The position requires:
* A good Degree or Masters in electronics engineering
* Industry gained Analogue and Digital circuit design, analysis and simulation experience
* Experience of PCB layout would be useful as would any DC-DC SMPS experience
* Evidence of personal electronics projects (academic, hobbies, extra-curricular, internship) would be a bonus
The company is involved in the design, development and manufacture of electromechanical products for the alternative / clean energy market place (automotive, drone technology, telecoms etc.)
More - Electronics Design Engineer
As an electronics design engineer you will take ownership of projects and deliverer products to challenging timescales in a competitive commercial environment. This will involve creating product requirements and driving from concept, electronics design to product validation and production.
The electronics engineer role is hands-on every step of the way as part of a collaborative team. You will receive support from PCB designers, electronics technicians and test and validation engineers.
Ideal Electronics Design Engineer Candidate
…would be a talented and creative electronics design engineer that has a broad range of skills including analogue and digital electronics design engineering but also an understanding of power electronics / power conversion (integration / design).
Skills / Knowledge required: Electronics Design Engineer
* A degree / masters or similar in a relevant subject area (e.g. electrical / electronics engineering, computer science, mechatronics engineering)
* Excellent as an Electronics Design Engineer involving electronics design within a commercial environment - a mix of analogue and digital board level design and microcontroller based technologies
* Experience of hands-on board bring-up, test and PCB development would be preferred
* An understanding of high reliability, safety critical or highly regulated design and development procedures and standards would be a big plus (e.g. ISO26262, ISO13485, IEC 51508)
* Understanding of power electronics design engineering, power conversion / DC-DC converters / SMPS would be great (specification, integration and thermal management)
* Knowledge of design for EMC and also DFM / DFT would be ideal. It is important that candidates understand how to take a product from concept to manufacture
* Another advantage would be knowledge of electrical design / electrical harness development as part of the product integration process
This role is commutable from Derby, Loughborough, Nottingham, Melton Mowbray, Leicester, Burton upon Trent, Tamworth and Hinckley
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free