SEND Teaching Assistant - Autism - Trafford
Tradewind are recruiting for a SEND Teaching Assistant!
On behalf of a wonderful special needs school in Trafford, we are looking for an experienced Special Needs (SEND) Teaching Assistant.
The school is a secondary special needs school with an Outstanding Ofsted rating for students with complex needs, and profound learning needs including autism, both verbal and non-verbal and low and high functioning.
The role is full time and will start immediately on a long term basis for the rest of the academic year at least, until July 2021 and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
The school is in Trafford and is easily accessible by car or is a short bus ride from Manchester City Centre, and is on a number of bus routes.
- Experience supporting young people with special needs including autism / ASD / ASC.
- Previous experience as a support worker, Teaching Assistant, Care Worker or Learning Support Assistant.
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach.
- A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the personal care of pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
This rewarding role involves providing support to the class teacher in all lessons, across KS3 and KS4, performing 1:1 and group work with students to keep them engaged and making progress, helping organise various class activities and helping to improve the academic and social ability of all students.
All pupils have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and the needs of the pupils vary. The majority have complex needs and autism and some will require personal care however for this role the school needs someone to primarily support their pupils with autism, therefore it is not necessary to do personal care. As with any school there can be challenging behaviour, although this wonderful school tries to work as a team with specialist input to provide the best level of support and care to the pupils each day. Experience working with young people with SEN, specifically autism (ASD / ASC) , is crucial.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Complex Needs Teaching Assistant, or send your CV to (url removed)
1. As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
2. We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
3. Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
4. More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
5. Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free